Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current death note modes

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Yandere

The thing I always see happening in the server is: Kira is never in danger.

In the mode "Death note", the shinigami chooses a Kira. And later on is able to give the same person shinigami eyes. The two players can then freely enjoy and think how they will kill every player.

A player attempting to stop Kira would be metagaming, who would suspect a person that is just writing stuff down to cause people to die? So Kira can do whatever they want with the game, everyone else RPs with each other until they finally perish.

In "Death note Classic", Kira has to find the Shinigami and communicate to easily kill everyone. Shinigami can then betray kira and do the same thing. Players still have no way of stopping this without metagaming.

So the two roles, Rp with each other and perhaps fight each other to be the one that kills all the students, but the students players cannot stop this without metagaming.

This results in situations that have Kira write people's names in their face, and they just stare at their death. Attacking is metagame.

So I tried adjusting a few rules, already shot down by Kyo though.

I thought if the players knew ICly that kira required names (Everyone already uses nicknames or shortened first names anyway. ) they could violently react to a shinigami player that is shouting names. As they feel threatened. And still just RP with each other like normally, as everyone already uses nicknames and shortened first names.

Since this is already shot down, I'm trying to think of other possible solutions.

But the question is: is everyone fine with how death note plays out at the moment, or are changes wished? I would like to read other opinions about the mode.

View user profile

2 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

You could always make it something pertaining to common knowledge. In the series when Kira started killing it started becoming a major hit on the media, they could know about the existance of Kira, but not how he kills or that he's in the school. This is more or less something you'd probably post in the General Chat section unless you're giving an idea to change something with the mode like adding in an L or something like that. -Shrug-

View user profile

3 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:35 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
I usually have no problem. In DN, I usually take control of the principal's office and just wait to die, since you can't do much else once someone forces their way to the computer. DNC is another matter, though, because that means you either have to hide in an isolated room all round or wait to be picked off. I do agree, that waiting to be killed is kinda' stupid. Maybe there should be someone who spawns with a sheet of paper that explains the Kira situation... and it could spawn on ANY student, meaning Kira or The Shinigami could also get it. This would allow someone to have a heightened awareness towards those who magicly know names or write frequently.

Another thought would be to limit the powers of the DN, so that you could only write three names per hour. This still leaves enough room for you to kill the other students with enough time management skills, but you wouldn't be able to kill off a whole group at once. Or maybe have it so that the shinigami has the ability to make names super clear, at the cost similar to the original eye deal: They die when the -next- hour starts.

View user profile

4 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Egil wrote:Or maybe have it so that the shinigami has the ability to make names super clear, at the cost similar to the original eye deal: They die when the -next- hour starts.
I'm not understanding this, how are the names not clear to the person that makes the eye deal?

View user profile

5 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Kooler221 wrote:
Egil wrote:Or maybe have it so that the shinigami has the ability to make names super clear, at the cost similar to the original eye deal: They die when the -next- hour starts.
I'm not understanding this, how are the names not clear to the person that makes the eye deal?

I once killed someone who tried to DN me. That got 5 letters wrong. Jeremy or whomever had the names above the head bloodied on purpose: For most, it's difficult to read. My suggestion is to have a similar option in DNC, where the shinigami can see names in a clear, legible font at a price... it would kill them when the next hour came around. Meaning, if it has been 1:00 A.M. for a while, then you should wait until 2:00 comes up on your P.D.A. to activate it.

View user profile

6 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Nightsky

I think that having an L-type player would be good, or just someone who has an idea about how the DN works. Maybe a slip of paper left by a more sympathetic Shinigami, or one who's bored and wants to see some more action than people just dying. Also, maybe we could have some people randomly spawn with no names above their heads, or way too smudged to even make out one or two letters until practically the end of the round. I agree, though: in DN mode you're kind of waiting to be killed and trying to hide because the Shinigami could be anywhere. In DN Classic, you're just hoping that Kira and Eyes won't find each other, or that they won't figure out your class and look you up on the computer, and try to RP normally, but you're still on edge.

It's bad because the players themselves know more than the characters do, so it really affects our role-playing. If we figure out someone is Kira OOCly (there tend to be certain signs of it), we'll just do our best to avoid them in-game and run for our lives. We tend to put surviving the game just as high as role-playing, if not higher. Even if it would make a good RP even better, we try to avoid dying... And that causes our outside knowledge of the game to affect our actions.

View user profile

7 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:44 pm

I dunno.

View user profile

8 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Superjad

This discussion made me think... what if in Shini DN the Shini/Holders could tear off a copy of the rules page? It couldn't be used to kill but could be used to reveal the Shini and make people aware of the note, could increase RP Opportunites.

View user profile

9 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
VoltageHero wrote:I dunno.

...k.

Really, I believe that RKira can be solved by giving Kira the chance to RP as well... as in allowing that Kira may choose that their primary objective is something other than killing. The Shinigami also may want to pursue more important goals than being Kira's bitch.

And give Volt the option to do something more constructive than fail at trolling.

@Jad ...Why not just paraprase the rules aloud to someone?

View user profile

10 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Egil wrote:

...k.

Really, I believe that RKira can be solved by giving Kira the chance to RP as well... as in allowing that Kira may choose that their primary objective is something other than killing. The Shinigami also may want to pursue more important goals than being Kira's bitch.

And give Volt the option to do something more constructive than fail at trolling.

They have that as is.

View user profile

11 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
SatoshiOfTheFunk wrote:
Egil wrote:

...k.

They have that as is.

I just notice that some of the host, such as Yandere, dislike the round greatly when the 'killer', no matter what the mode is (excluding zombies dur), doesn't follow their 'role'. Which is to attempt to wipe out the whole school. Because of this, I felt the need to say that. No matter what role you have, you should have the choice to use the DN/Eyes/Magic for positive things, or not at all.

View user profile

12 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I actually agree with you completely there, Mercy. The players should have the option to RP as they wish on an RP server. I personally run the rule that if you get the role, you HAVE to incorporate it into your RP somehow. I feel it works well enough.

View user profile

13 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Superjad

Egil wrote:

...k.

Because the Shini can't Paraphrase the rules aloud without handing them a means to kill... this would let the Shinigami reveal itself and the DN without handing a student one, allowing more RP opportunities.

View user profile

14 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Superjad wrote:
Egil wrote:

...k.

Because the Shini can't Paraphrase the rules aloud without handing them a means to kill... this would let the Shinigami reveal itself and the DN without handing a student one, allowing more RP opportunities.

...Paraphrase on a peice of paper? Or just announce it and quickly run out of the room?

View user profile

15 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Superjad

Egil wrote:
Superjad wrote:
Egil wrote:

...k.

...Paraphrase on a peice of paper? Or just announce it and quickly run out of the room?

Shinigami cannot pick things up except the DN last time I checked, and how could they announce something to people who can't see them? This "Rules Sheet" would allow people to see the Shinigami without the Shinigami having to hand them tools to kill with.

View user profile

16 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Egil wrote:
Superjad wrote:
Egil wrote:

...k.

He's talking about the Shinigami doing it. The Shinigami can't speak to the masses or write.

View user profile

17 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:28 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Superjad wrote:
Egil wrote:
Superjad wrote:
Egil wrote:

...k.

Shinigami cannot pick things up except the DN last time I checked, and how could they announce something to people who can't see them? This "Rules Sheet" would allow people to see the Shinigami without the Shinigami having to hand them tools to kill with.

I thought you guis were talkin' about DNC. :c

View user profile

18 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Nightsky

We're talking about both, actually. That's a good idea for DNC, though. I might do that if I ever get Kira in it.

View user profile

19 Re: Current death note modes on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 am

In Death Note Classic and Death Note nobody knows how Kira kills, what he uses to kill with or that he can cause a different death other than a heart attack(Which people in game do know Kira does, as stated by the start message; Liking to the Kira case would be like in the Anime, they know he causes heart attacks).
You can however, figure out in game that Kira needs a face and name to kill people with, and also that Kira can cause different deaths with the Death Note in game, hell you can even go as far as learning everything about Kira if you're a good enough roleplayer.

You should be able to pull all of this off if you can role play decently.

However, it is your server do do as you please as long it's stated in the MOTD or a link going to your rules are inside the MOTD(As long as it isn't going to far with retarded stuff such as: You must roleplay opening doors).

View user profile http://pyrcehigh.crazy4us.com

20 Re: Current death note modes on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:22 pm

I have a solution. Delete the horrible mode. And. Replace it with Corpse Party. And Yandere. Lol. At. Your. Picture.

View user profile

21 Re: Current death note modes on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:16 pm

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

Yuuki Terumi wrote:I have a solution. Delete the horrible mode. And. Replace it with Corpse Party. And Yandere. Lol. At. Your. Picture.
This.
This exactly.

View user profile

22 Re: Current death note modes on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

If you want to make the game harder for Kira there are a few ways.
I play death note mode a lot and there are some flaws in the new and in the classic Death Note mode.
First is that the students really get no support in stopping Kira so if Kira or the Shinigami Eyes keep their mouth shut the students will NEVER know.

So lets say we add a 3rd special role in the game. Like another Kira but this one has no death note. He gave up on his own and lost his memories about it but as a reminder for emergencies he wrote some notes that could warn him about the Death Note. This character has the goal to either secure the Death Note so no harm can happen anymore or become Kira again (be creative). This special role would profit greatly from feeding the students with information about the Death Note.

In the Shinigami Death Note mode we could make it more difficult for Kira if we give the Shinigami more possibilities. Like pick up more things than just the death note, be able to write and tear pages out of the Death Note and give him the shinigami eyes.
Imagine how safe Kira feels after finding out that the Shinigami ripped pages from the note and spread a few over the school and of course if Kira just plain sucks the Shinigami can kill him and choose a new Kira.
At the moment the Shinigami just looks threatening but has no real power to move Kira the way he wants him to move.
Of course with a more powerful Shinigami people would complain more about bad Shinigami players... but the problem that the students just wait to die can be reduced by giving Kira less people he can trust.

View user profile

23 Re: Current death note modes on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Jakerams

Lurker
Lurker
I suggest people shouldn't have any evidence to the Death Note in DN. But in DNC I can agree someone should have some sort of evidence. (Personal experiences when they said they had a magazine about kira on normal DN I decided to side with the killer due to GN abuse) Something to make DN fair in both modes. (Also DNC when it wins vote shouldn't be changed into DN.)

View user profile

24 Re: Current death note modes on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Since there is a randomly chosen Kira and the title is stuck to a player... there could be a 3rd role that starts with a piece of paper with the real name of Kira but not what he looks like.

Death Note Classic in its structure supports a L based character even though I think the makers would prefer to see the students in this role instead of a special player.

The true problem mode is the Shinigami Death Note. If Kira makes the eyes deal there is no way in stopping him and most people will just accept it or the Shinigami doesn't even bother explaining what he is actually doing because there is no ingame negative effect to the deal. Most people just don't care what might happen to them after the steel door opens.

Also the voting bug is very well known what sadly makes people not vote for death note classic.

View user profile

25 Re: Current death note modes on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

Actually, you die within the game when you accept the eye deal.
J/s.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum