Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's talk about Zombie mode!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Nitan

Lurker
Lurker
Okay, so zombie mode is now working fine and as far as I know, bug free. Awesome.

There are some problems though.

If your zombie is a combat pro and everyone else is willing to RP frightened teenagers and not instantly grab a giant sword to kick some zombie ass the infection can spread quickly and you can have a good RP round. If your zombie is new to combat and is typing out a long emote while being stabbed to death a round of zombie can turn to crap quickly with no zombie, no infection, and possibly some bans as a host rages with announcements.

So what to do?

The way I see it, you can either make the zombie much more awesome so that instead of dying horribly it has a chance of breaking down the basement fort or we can try the witch route of instead of having an initial zombie, you instead have an "infected". The infected looks like a normal student but is pretty much a zombie with a bite attack and everything.

Or am I the only one who sees a problem with zombie mode? Please share! Maximum of four insults per post.

View user profile

2 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Nitan wrote:Okay, so zombie mode is now working fine and as far as I know, bug free. Awesome.

There are some problems though.

If your zombie is a combat pro and everyone else is willing to RP frightened teenagers and not instantly grab a giant sword to kick some zombie ass the infection can spread quickly and you can have a good RP round. If your zombie is new to combat and is typing out a long emote while being stabbed to death a round of zombie can turn to crap quickly with no zombie, no infection, and possibly some bans as a host rages with announcements.

So what to do?

The way I see it, you can either make the zombie much more awesome so that instead of dying horribly it has a chance of breaking down the basement fort or we can try the witch route of instead of having an initial zombie, you instead have an "infected". The infected looks like a normal student but is pretty much a zombie with a bite attack and everything.

Or am I the only one who sees a problem with zombie mode? Please share! Maximum of four insults per post.

I think that all we need is to have one main, original zombie and someone else who spawns with the infection BUT DOESN'T KNOW IT OOC'ly! In this way, a backup can occur if people go retard on the man zombie. Also, having all lockable doors start off as locked in hoard/attack delay is on would also be smart.

View user profile

3 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:35 pm

I have a solution: Lets just have the starting zombie be stronger than the other infected, that way he'll be harder to kill and it'll be a little easier for him to infect. Also the addition of a round end if the infection completely disappears. We also need a verb that disables cures.

View user profile

4 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Frosty

Admin
Admin
I like Egil's suggestion.
Edit: And Kooler's.
Although not about the cures. But the amount that spawn should scale to the number of players. So maybe one for every five players?

View user profile

5 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Frosty wrote:I like Egil's suggestion.
Edit: And Kooler's.
Although not about the cures. But the amount that spawn should scale to the number of players. So maybe one for every five players?
Maybe, in that sense if there's four players would it not spawn any? C: How about instead, an implementation of a chance system. Cures don't ALWAYS work, right? So adding a chance system will be much better, if the cure fails, it'll trick the player into thinking it -did- but it'll just tame it for a bit while it infects them further or something.

View user profile

6 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:55 am

Nitan

Lurker
Lurker
How about you make the infection stat invisible and the "you've been infected" message away entirely. A lack of knowledge goes a long way in making people afraid.

View user profile

7 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Now I believe that one student could be immune to infection but not know it OCCly
They wouldn't know it so that person would still wanna avoid getting into fights because they do not know that they are immune

Just something I thought of.
Don't really expect it to be used

View user profile

8 Re: Let's talk about Zombie mode! on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Aelita The Lyoko warrior wrote:Now I believe that one student could be immune to infection but not know it OCCly
They wouldn't know it so that person would still wanna avoid getting into fights because they do not know that they are immune

Just something I thought of.
Don't really expect it to be used

This is wonderful. Here's what we got:

- Original/First Zombie has a slight def/att boost for the downside of being slow.
- One non-infected student is randomnly chosen to be pre-infected.
- One non-infected student is randomnly chosen to be immune.
- You're not told if you're infected or not or how far the infection has spread unless you try to inject yourself with cure and the game won't let you.

This is good.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum