Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Student ID

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Student ID on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

I think we should give every student a ID Card in the beginning.
On these IDs the player can see the Name, Hair Color, Class and maybe PDA number of the student.
The reason I came up with the idea is the high amount of unknown dead bodies nobody knows the name of and nobody doesn't even care to identify them.
The other reason is that people love to give themselves false names or nicknames may it be because they are the killer and don't want to be recognized by name or because of the infamous Death Note.

Getting someone's ID would make it possible for Kira to get names in a different way other than asking the Shinigami Eyes or walking around asking for names which alerts almost every player who hears that.

I think the idea needs a bit improvement and maybe the school could be updated with a few ID based features like giving every student their own locker or making the IDs open or lock specific door, making the ID rewriteable on the computer... change class, name, gender, hair color of the ID.. maybe add the students to some school clubs.

Just add your ideas to this topic.

View user profile

2 Re: Student ID on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 am

kai2max

I like the idea. And maybe an associated 'show ID' command, so that people can see your ID without taking it.

View user profile

3 Re: Student ID on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

kai2max wrote:I like the idea. And maybe an associated 'show ID' command, so that people can see your ID without taking it.

You are right.. I just don't know what will happen if you have 2 or more IDs and use the command...

I kept thinking about the ability to rewrite the ID on the computer and I think its a feature that should at least be locked by a password. The computer in general needs many upgrades.. maybe we could even add a computer club with various tools to exploit it to the max.

View user profile

4 Re: Student ID on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Renelaude

Lurker
Lurker
I like the idea of student ID cards with name, hair color, and class.

And leave off gender, and have a couple extra random ID cards floating around in desks/etc, so there's some room for trickery there.

...And announce the /name/ of the suspect in suspect mode, rather than their hair color.

View user profile

5 Re: Student ID on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Renelaude wrote:I like the idea of student ID cards with name, hair color, and class.

And leave off gender, and have a couple extra random ID cards floating around in desks/etc, so there's some room for trickery there.

...And announce the /name/ of the suspect in suspect mode, rather than their hair color.

Why no gender on the ID? The names are obviously gendered so sunglasses boy cant use the blonde haired ID "Mami" or "Sachiko" because these are obviously female names but I totally agree to have a few spare IDs lying around but not too many. I came up with a few possible ID trickery.

- Manipulate ID to what you want on the computer.
- Students are able to upgrade their ID to teacher/principal level to gain access to certain rooms or maybe as a replacement Key Card for the door.
- A L-Type role for Death Note mode who starts with a faked ID that has the name of another Student and maybe a gasmask to protect themselves from the Shinigami Eyes.
- Draw over certain ID parts to make them unreadable. (Boy with Sunglasses shows you his ID but you cant read the name)
- Shinigami Eyes can always see the real name of the ID as long as the picture hasn't been messed with.
- IDs have numbers that can't be changed. These numbers could be checkable on the computer. [L's ID number leads to the student whose name is on the ID. He himself is not in the computer]
- There could be a camera with which you can shoot Photos for your ID. This item can also be used by Kira to show the Shinigami Eyes the faces of the students he wants to kill.
- Shinigami Eyes can't see the names from pictures if the person on it is dead.
- To confuse the whole thing a bit we could make the game give the same alias but different icons to multiple players making ID faux more effective.

In general I think every ID should have following informations:
Student Number (Can't be changed)
Name (Can be changed)
Gender (Can be changed)
Picture/Hair Color (Not sure if make changeable)
Class [Student/Teacher] (Can be changed)
(Maybe a School Club if the school structure ever advances that far)

Can someone think of other uses for IDs outside the death note mode and maybe structure this a bit or tell me whats reasonable, whats overpowered and whats just plain impossible for the engine?

View user profile

6 Re: Student ID on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 am

Misha Arsellec Lune wrote:
Renelaude wrote:I like the idea of student ID cards with name, hair color, and class.

Why no gender on the ID? The names are obviously gendered so sunglasses boy cant use the blonde haired ID "Mami" or "Sachiko" because these are obviously female names but I totally agree to have a few spare IDs lying around but not too many. I came up with a few possible ID trickery.

- Manipulate ID to what you want on the computer.
- Students are able to upgrade their ID to teacher/principal level to gain access to certain rooms or maybe as a replacement Key Card for the door.
- A L-Type role for Death Note mode who starts with a faked ID that has the name of another Student and maybe a gasmask to protect themselves from the Shinigami Eyes.
- Draw over certain ID parts to make them unreadable. (Boy with Sunglasses shows you his ID but you cant read the name)
- Shinigami Eyes can always see the real name of the ID as long as the picture hasn't been messed with.
- IDs have numbers that can't be changed. These numbers could be checkable on the computer. [L's ID number leads to the student whose name is on the ID. He himself is not in the computer]
- There could be a camera with which you can shoot Photos for your ID. This item can also be used by Kira to show the Shinigami Eyes the faces of the students he wants to kill.
- Shinigami Eyes can't see the names from pictures if the person on it is dead.
- To confuse the whole thing a bit we could make the game give the same alias but different icons to multiple players making ID faux more effective.

In general I think every ID should have following informations:
Student Number (Can't be changed)
Name (Can be changed)
Gender (Can be changed)
Picture/Hair Color (Not sure if make changeable)
Class [Student/Teacher] (Can be changed)

Can someone think of other uses for IDs outside the death note mode and maybe structure this a bit or tell me whats reasonable, whats overpowered and whats just plain impossible for the engine?
Can't really say I have any ideas, but I definitely think this would be a great addition, though it's probably going to take a lot of work to implement.

View user profile

7 Re: Student ID on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 am

Renelaude

Lurker
Lurker
Misha Arsellec Lune wrote:

Outside of Death Note:
1. Could find out what someone's name is after death. Of course, this is only important if other people memorized their name, so it's kinda limited, but....
2. If people started with the knowledge of names of the people in their class, the people in their club, and their club president, it would be kinda cool.

...And if club presidents could start with a relevant key instead of having a key room with all the other keys. And other keys, possibly copies, could be found in teacher's desks/more rarely other places. Would make RP more interesting, and rushing wouldn't be quite so straightforwards.

View user profile

8 Re: Student ID on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Renelaude wrote:

Outside of Death Note:
1. Could find out what someone's name is after death. Of course, this is only important if other people memorized their name, so it's kinda limited, but....
2. If people started with the knowledge of names of the people in their class, the people in their club, and their club president, it would be kinda cool.

...And if club presidents could start with a relevant key instead of having a key room with all the other keys. And other keys, possibly copies, could be found in teacher's desks/more rarely other places. Would make RP more interesting, and rushing wouldn't be quite so straightforwards.

It would be awesome if students get randomly assigned and receive names that way... so you have like at least 4 people you know. And since more people know each other its easier to find out who Kira is on the victims he chooses.
I think the game would really profit from a structure similar to Space Station 13.
So that the club and class tells us what weapons the student might carry and how well equipped they are.

But this goes too far away from the topic... I think I might suggest a new topic.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum