Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concealable Attack delay announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Concealable Attack delay announcement on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:15 pm

NESgamer190

avatar
Game Master
Game Master
Type of suggestion: Hosting improvement
What does it do?: It appropriately will prevent players that are in the round from seeing when the attack/hoard delay is disabled at last.
Why implement it?: It's mostly to avoid people being awful campy at the places of high interest, and won't give those campers the green flag to go for broke.
Apologies about a likely flop of a suggestion, but several folks thought it'd be a fair idea.

View user profile

2 Re: Concealable Attack delay announcement on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

avatar
Regular Member
Regular Member
Nay! I'm against it because it also prevents me from knowing when to start slashing the others as a killer. Do you know the awkward moment when you try to kill someone and you can't and instead they run off and escape because an invisible force keeps you from attacking?

I know it is very annoying that when you are dying all first aid kits are gone and there is a guy walking around full health who has 4 of them... why not just make First aid kits very heavy?

View user profile

3 Re: Concealable Attack delay announcement on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:54 am

I personally like the idea that the attack/hoard delay would be invisible to players. Sure they won't know when the right time to get weapons and whatnot, but that will help make it so that most things gained would be through RP itself, unless of course people are keeping count of when the round started to the exact time that the delay ends, in that case 'well fuck'.

View user profile

4 Re: Concealable Attack delay announcement on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Nightsky


Regular Member
Regular Member
Misha Arsellec Lune wrote:Nay! I'm against it because it also prevents me from knowing when to start slashing the others as a killer. Do you know the awkward moment when you try to kill someone and you can't and instead they run off and escape because an invisible force keeps you from attacking?
Hmm... Maybe we could make it so the killer would see the message but no one else? This gives the killer the first shot at getting their own personal weapon.

I think this is a good idea. In-game, as soon as the announcement about the delay being turned off appears, some people will randomly run off to look for weapons and junk. Also, plenty of people try to remain around certain areas (for example, the first floor cafeteria for quick access to the basement, kitchen and the storage room) just so they can get first dibs on a chance at getting an item. And we can't guarantee how many of each item will spawn. I've played a round where there was no axe as far as I knew (which really stuck out because that was the one time everyone wanted to chop down a door since the witch was killing people locked inside and the girl with the key was being a stubborn brat), and another round where I was the first one to reach the nurse's office and found only two first aid kits inside. Really, the chances of how many of which item spawns factors in a bit, so it's good to avoid rushing or post-delay rushing (and attacking).

View user profile

5 Re: Concealable Attack delay announcement on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

avatar
Regular Member
Regular Member
Nightsky wrote:
Hmm... Maybe we could make it so the killer would see the message but no one else? This gives the killer the first shot at getting their own personal weapon.

I totally agree to not show the attack/hoard delay but then we could change it a bit so that the killer can just plain ignore the delay. This leads to an advantage on the killer's side making him have better weapons and equipment than the others. This also makes missing during the beginning far more suspicious.

View user profile

6 Re: Concealable Attack delay announcement on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Renelaude


Lurker
Lurker
Misha Arsellec Lune wrote:I totally agree to not show the attack/hoard delay but then we could change it a bit so that the killer can just plain ignore the delay. This leads to an advantage on the killer's side making him have better weapons and equipment than the others. This also makes missing during the beginning far more suspicious.

I like this idea.

View user profile

7 Re: Concealable Attack delay announcement on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 am

Misha Arsellec Lune wrote:
Nightsky wrote:
Hmm... Maybe we could make it so the killer would see the message but no one else? This gives the killer the first shot at getting their own personal weapon.

I totally agree to not show the attack/hoard delay but then we could change it a bit so that the killer can just plain ignore the delay. This leads to an advantage on the killer's side making him have better weapons and equipment than the others. This also makes missing during the beginning far more suspicious.
I disagree, just gives the killer an opportunity to loot everything before everyone else.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum