Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

School Clubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 School Clubs on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:05 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Since we all know that the 2nd floor basically is just a big armory for paint, feathers, first aid and bats I think we might add a bit more structure and add solid clubs that serve an ingame purpose and might encourage players to actually use them for roleplaying.
Players could get randomly assigned to a club like they get assigned to a class this gives students more connections to each other and may give them some special bonus.
There are multiple students in 1 club and 1 student is the club president.
I suggest some ideas for clubs:

The Sports Club: Since a big group of weapons are sport gadgets we might add a club focused on them.
- I already told in another suggestion that I would prefer to give this area more space than just a storage with bats.. maybe turn the useless dark area into a sports hall.
- They get access to almost all sports gadgets due to their president having keys to the storage
- http://pyrcehigh.crazy4us.com/t166-the-sports-update (Possible new sports gadgets)
- They might get a stamina boost if it stays in balance with the rest.

The Arts Club: The area paint storage/music room might be their club area
- They have Access to the Boombox, Paint Cans, Music Instruments and maybe Books too
- They can write messages on the floor using paint cans and have more icons they can draw
- They can get books from the library which serve different purposes
- More information about books here: http://pyrcehigh.crazy4us.com/t173-let-s-give-pyrce-high-a-library#910

The Anime Club: The probably most ignored room in the entire game.. I think it could be a totally new sector for disguise and stealth
- They have access to cosplay costumes that can change your Alias (The maid outfit changes you to Boy/Girl in Maid Dress)
- More about the idea of cosplay: http://pyrcehigh.crazy4us.com/t174-the-anime-club#931
- The Death Note (a non lethal replica) is in the Anime Club. Feel free to scare your friends or trick Kira with it.
- They have access to a camera to make pictures of students or other things...
- They have masks and colored wigs to hide their true identity even from Shinigami Eyes.

The Computer Club: This should be a new room based on possible new features with the computer, the security tapes and other technical stuff.
- They are the best with computers and can crack passwords which might take time...
- They have a tool that can randomly reset the Security Room code once.
- They can remote control the Generator in the Basement and turn lights back on. (requires 2 ingame hours)
- They can remote access the Principal Computer (requires 2 ingame hours)

Suggested by Renelaude:
The Delinquents: The bad guys of the school and the only "school club" that has no room. Does this stop them? Hell no!
- Delinquents have a random chance to already spawn with a random weapon.
- All Delinquents wear leather jackets and are so easy to recognize as such.
- Delinquents have Roleplaying Reasons to cause trouble.
- They can use a knife to cut messages into desks.
- Delinquents start with a lockpick that has 1-3 uses and can open locked doors.

Feel free to be constructive and add clubs you think we need, would be awesome or remove features that might only serve to be abused and ruin the round.

Last edited by Misha Arsellec Lune on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:45 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: School Clubs on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:18 am

Renelaude

Lurker
Lurker
Suggesting that students get different /abilities/ would make the game far more different than just giving them different equipment access, I think. I'm not sure if that's good or bad? But it's definitely a Big Thing.

I like the cosplay costume ideas for the anime club, could be something you wear if it's in your inventory. Would lead to some interesting situations, probably the most interesting of the various disguise related abilities there, and since multiple disguise abilities are kinda redundant, I'd drop the rest.

I dunno about the computer club. I assume this is just the stuff they can do with their computer in the computer room? In which case it might be okay.

I think that clubs should have a club roster in the clubroom, including NPCs and not including haircolor or gender or anything, and there should be a list of club presidents in the office, including NPCs for clubs not used and not including haircolor or gender or anything. Said lists should be able to be picked up and moved. Chaos!

Club suggestion:
Delinquents(Yeah, I know, not really a club)
Some % chance of starting with a random weapon from: wooden bat, knife.
Don't have a club list, or a club room with a key to it, but still start knowing who each other's names are.
Possibly: Always have sunglasses, or blonde/white hair.

View user profile

3 Re: School Clubs on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:39 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Renelaude wrote:Suggesting that students get different /abilities/ would make the game far more different than just giving them different equipment access, I think. I'm not sure if that's good or bad? But it's definitely a Big Thing.

I like the cosplay costume ideas for the anime club, could be something you wear if it's in your inventory. Would lead to some interesting situations, probably the most interesting of the various disguise related abilities there, and since multiple disguise abilities are kinda redundant, I'd drop the rest.

I dunno about the computer club. I assume this is just the stuff they can do with their computer in the computer room? In which case it might be okay.

I think that clubs should have a club roster in the clubroom, including NPCs and not including haircolor or gender or anything, and there should be a list of club presidents in the office, including NPCs for clubs not used and not including haircolor or gender or anything. Said lists should be able to be picked up and moved. Chaos!

Club suggestion:
Delinquents(Yeah, I know, not really a club)
Some % chance of starting with a random weapon from: wooden bat, knife.
Don't have a club list, or a club room with a key to it, but still start knowing who each other's names are.
Possibly: Always have sunglasses, or blonde/white hair.

The club computer is a pretty cool idea this makes the organization much easier.
Adding Delinquents? xDDDD Awesome!
Wanna put them in the basement? I would say you should give them a lockpick or something.. or maybe make experienced fighters or even a leather jacket.
I don't care if its super realistic.. Pyrce High is the parody of a highschool. So we need delinquents.. the strong guys.

View user profile

4 Re: School Clubs on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:03 pm

kai2max

The problem I see with this is that it can ruin people's RP ideas/make them RP something
For example:
Person x want to roleplay an innocent nice person
Person x gets delinquent.
Their roleplay is thus ruined, and makes them possibly unhappy.

View user profile

5 Re: School Clubs on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

kai2max wrote:The problem I see with this is that it can ruin people's RP ideas/make them RP something
For example:
Person x want to roleplay an innocent nice person
Person x gets delinquent.
Their roleplay is thus ruined, and makes them possibly unhappy.

You are right in that way.. but on the other site your RP also gets affected by what alias you get and these are given away randomly as well or the killer role.
You cant be an innocent nice killer.

So unless we get more like space station 13 and add preference settings this will ALWAYS be a problem.

View user profile

6 Re: School Clubs on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 am

Nightsky

Honestly, I don't think this is such a good idea. The clubs are simply too constraining. Even if we added preferences, it's a bit of an unfair advantage for some members. The idea of Pyrce is a free-for-all where everyone has equal chances. The witch and Kira are exceptions for obvious reasons, but to have normal students get it? Too many opportunities to be abused. Besides, in SS13 there doesn't seem to be a limit to the players that can join a round. However, in Pyrce, we have a limit of 22 students.

Actually, if you want, there is a way you can implement some of this on your own, though: you can make your own map. Granted, you won't be able to include everything: the sports club would still only have bats, the computer club would have to use the same computer as the principal (just renamed), and the art room would only have paint cans (I can also see knives included, though—they can be used to carve wood or cut stuff), and the anime club wouldn't have any cosplay stuff. However, with some improvisation, you should be able to make clubs the way you want, and you can make people spawn in them.

Just a reminder, though: Pyrce and Space Station 13 are different games. Don't try to carry over too many features from it; they're both special in their own ways, and Pyrce is just a high school. Some features are better suited for one game rather than the other. We've gotten along fine so far, after all; Mitadake High, which Pyrce is based off of, does pretty well on its own, and it didn't have preferences like those from SS13. Just saying. ^_^

View user profile

7 Re: School Clubs on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:07 am

HoboCat

Lurker
Lurker
Nightsky wrote:Honestly, I don't think this is such a good idea. The clubs are simply too constraining. Even if we added preferences, it's a bit of an unfair advantage for some members. The idea of Pyrce is a free-for-all where everyone has equal chances. The witch and Kira are exceptions for obvious reasons, but to have normal students get it? Too many opportunities to be abused. Besides, in SS13 there doesn't seem to be a limit to the players that can join a round. However, in Pyrce, we have a limit of 22 students.
LOL two words for this wonderful idea no make it three no more like four. Cooking Club, New Mode.

The cooking club could poisonsomeone or something or make stamina recovery items or something.

Last edited by HoboCat on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fro=For)

View user profile

8 Re: School Clubs on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:43 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Thanks for putting that topic out of its year long slumber.

But yeah a cooking club would also fit the topic but as far as I know nobody here besides me would want food dishes in the rotation that can either heal or kill you.
I would just love to see to add more possibilities and tools to either kill or deceive each other and maybe make Death Note mode more interesting by giving their names to some people and also we have random friends every round as a club is supposed to stick with each other and hold together.

The moment it currently is is that usually the same people seek each other every round and let the rest die. With the random club assignment people receive an information about you that can kill you in certain round type.. your name. Which might cause some interesting events in death note mode like Kira killing his whole club at the beginning and thus revealing himself as the only living club member and potential killer.

But well, meh! People don't seem to want stuff like that.

Funfact: Your post brought my attention back to the game

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum