Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's give Pyrce High a library

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Let's give Pyrce High a library on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

The grades in Pyrce High are horrible. Students don't read enough books and cry in fear whenever they hear the turning of pages.
Lets raise funds for a library and push Pyrce High's best selling "Death Note" from the top.

In the Library are book shelfs and books stored (duh!)
- Books contain prewritten stories
- Books can contain ingame information and warn the students about Witches / Shinigami / Zombies
- Students can hide small items in books (tasers / knives / paper / pencils)
- Turning pages makes a sound similar to the Death Note which results in the new knowledge that not everyone who reads books is a mass murderer.

Feel free to write your stories here.. maybe they might get added into a book. Leave comments what you think about adding a library or tell what you think books should be able to do.

View user profile

2 Re: Let's give Pyrce High a library on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:34 am

NESgamer190

Game Master
Game Master
I humbly can't see the library being a bad move at all to be honest. It'll not only take out a little meta game in Death Note mode, but I'd recommend a few books be empty, so they can keep a diary without the need of excessive papers. If books do get implemented, I also believe a few books should be scattered about, as to avoid people zerging the books. (In layman's terms, rushing the library)

As for stories, I can't currently think of any right now. If I do, I'll consider trying my best to keeping it within four pages. I simply must say this is not a bad idea.

View user profile

3 Re: Let's give Pyrce High a library on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Nightsky

I could come up with lots of stories to use if it comes to that. Very Happy Perhaps we could just have excerpts from longer stories in some, such as "This book's title is 'A Tale of Eternal Unrequited Love'. 'Once upon a time there was a young, beautiful maiden, said to be the most beautiful girl in the world by those who met her. They said she looked like an angel, and men felt as if they heard an angelic choir sing whenever they saw her. She lived near a small village full of kind people who would look at her in awe. Unknown to them, though, she was actually an eternal maiden, destined to watch over the land until the end of time. She feared the idea of making friends with the mortal villagers because their lives were like a blip compared to her life. Men who fell in love with her were always rejected kindly, for she feared what would happen when they died and she lived on. ...'"

Also, I'd be happy to write up some information on the Death Note and Witch. I could use some information from my guides to write them. Maybe we could have it written in a story form rather than outright guides, too, and let the players figure it out for themselves. For example: "The girl smiled wryly as she waved a hand, and a flurry of butterflies appeared out of no where, spiraling towards the poor boy standing before her. He was pushed to the wall with such force that blood flew out of his mouth, and the girl smiled as he stumbled forward. She suddenly vanished from his sight, literally into nothingness, and his eyes grew wide. 'Sorry, you've served your use.' He spun around at the sound of her voice, turning just in time to see the flurry of golden butterflies spiral at him once more." ^_^

View user profile

4 Re: Let's give Pyrce High a library on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

Thats exactly what the feature is meant to... we can memorize stories of almost all proportions... some are about Witches, they might be stories, historical research data, news paper reports others can be references to pyrce high community jokes or other stuff.
It wouldn't surprise me if we even get a copy of "The Lusty Argonian Maid" in the library just as a kind of joke item.
Of course empty diary books can harm the purpose of the room.. maybe even get a computer in here who can save text files.
We can have like three kinds of books:

Book: Works like a Death Note but has already been written on with a story. (The object is named after the title of the story)
Diary: Works like a Death Note, is empty, doesn't kill and doesn't look like a Death Note. Students can record events in it, write their own stories.
Death Note: The infamous murdering book can exist in a non lethal replica form to scare off other students.

View user profile

5 Re: Let's give Pyrce High a library on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:11 am

Renelaude

Lurker
Lurker
Fake Death Note implies that there's awareness of death notes as a fictional thing, which is not true in the game as is. I'd argue it'd make the game weaker.

Books in general with pregenerated content I kinda disagree with - if they give out information, then people can rush them to act on said information. If they don't, they're just fluff that people will read once rather than actually playing the game.

Diaries sounds kinda interesting, though.

Overall, I do not support the idea of libraries as suggested.

View user profile

6 Re: Let's give Pyrce High a library on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:31 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Renelaude wrote:Fake Death Note implies that there's awareness of death notes as a fictional thing, which is not true in the game as is. I'd argue it'd make the game weaker.

Books in general with pregenerated content I kinda disagree with - if they give out information, then people can rush them to act on said information. If they don't, they're just fluff that people will read once rather than actually playing the game.

You are kinda right... the thing is why I wanted ingame objects with ingame knowledge in it is so that we can finally cut a clear line what is metagaming and what is common knowledge which can be a pain in zombie and death note mode.
Who would inject green bottles of CURE into themselves?
The only thing that should actually have real knowledge about the true killer of the round should be a newspaper report that works similar to the communication protocol in space station 13. The newspaper report might suggest a student by their real name to have special role with a probably good chance of just not being true.
There could be multiple newspaper articles to make sure it doesn't get rushed and the player has to read multiple articles to find the one fitting.

The other ones just serve as a cut between common knowledge and metagaming.

The fake death note.. I thought it would be a bit fun to trick these metagaming people who simply rush to get chosen by the shinigami into thinking they have a death note. And maybe a clever Kira can use this to fool the other students but if people don't like it just scrap it or make it craftable.

View user profile

7 Re: Let's give Pyrce High a library on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Nightsky

Renelaude wrote:Fake Death Note implies that there's awareness of death notes as a fictional thing, which is not true in the game as is. I'd argue it'd make the game weaker.

We could have the books randomly generate just like normal items, thus not guaranteeing that all the books will spawn. The places they spawn would be random, too; it could be in any shelf. We could also have them generate in bookshelves in other rooms, so you won't be able to go to the same bookshelf to get the same book every time. Maybe the books with information on the game can spawn in desks?

However, I don't support being able to write/publish a new book every time. It's not a function that's usually available in schools... Hmm...

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum