Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Anime Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:31 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Well... this is probably the room that gets ignored most despite having a lockable door.
I thought about giving the Anime Club multiple lockers with cosplay items that can be used to hide your identity or just goof around.
If you wear one of these items your icon changes. This also works for your alias. Making the alias changeable in seconds results into a significant raise in name usage because this is the only thing that you can't change.
The biggest problem would be the spriting because we don't just add a hat or a doll we actually replace clothing and hair.. I would like to hear from one of the makers how the programming of it would work since some costumes could work similar to giant teddy bears.
The main problem is that behind the disguise people should at least still tell if its a boy or a girl and in some cases maybe even see the hair color. The other question is if we should have clear and obvious anime shout outs or just anime neutral costumes?
I think I should post some examples:

The Maid Outfit: A basic maid outfit seen in so many Anime. Changes your alias to: "Boy/Girl in Maid Outfit"
The L Outfit: Become the most famous detective.. What does he even look like? Changes your alias to: "Boy/Girl who might be L?"
The VOCALOID Outfit: Even you can be an idol like Hatsune Miku. Changes your alias to: "Boy/Girl who looks like Hatsune Miku"
The SOS Brigade Outfit: This school is too normal for you. Changes your alias to: "SOS Brigade Boy/Girl"
The ex-SOLDIER Outfit: Comes with a big sword... sadly not real. Changes your alias to: "Boy/Girl who looks like Cloud Strife"
The Ninja Outfit: Nobody can see you. Whoosh! Changes your alias to: "The Ninja...?" (This Outfit hides your face and Shinigami Eyes can't see your name.)
The Mascot Outfit: Disguise as Pyrce High's beloved sports mascot, [insert mascot here]. Changes your alias to: "[insert mascot here]" (This Outfit hides your face and Shinigami Eyes can't see your name.)
The Power Ranger Outfit: Be the leader of your own party of teenagers. Changes your alias to: "The Red Ranger?" (This Outfit hides your face and Shinigami Eyes can't see your name.)

Feel free to add more and discuss about the idea.

View user profile

2 Re: The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:23 am

Frosty

Admin
Admin
The main issue with outfits is that they have to be overlays and all the students have different hair, making it impossible to fit one overlay on every sprite, and it would take forever to make a version of each sprite with just ONE alternative outfit.
I do want to make some more vanity items like the bunny/teddy for the anime room, like cat ears or goggles, but whether they'll get in remains to be seen (-glares at the guitar-)

View user profile

3 Re: The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:29 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

Frosty wrote:The main issue with outfits is that they have to be overlays and all the students have different hair, making it impossible to fit one overlay on every sprite, and it would take forever to make a version of each sprite with just ONE alternative outfit.
I do want to make some more vanity items like the bunny/teddy for the anime room, like cat ears or goggles, but whether they'll get in remains to be seen (-glares at the guitar-)

You are right... what I wish probably wont work with the engine with have here today...

View user profile

4 Re: The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:58 am

NESgamer190

Game Master
Game Master
After reading up on the anime room suggestions, I've just got a couple things to note:
1: No butler uniform? (As in a mansion butler.)
2: Not sure if our lovely developers at R&D will be able to implement the works.
3: If cat ears do get implemented, maybe have a cutesy cat tail too to complement? (*swatted by hair ball*)

Aside from these three notes, of which number 2 will be the big problem, I am supporting of this increase of vanity goodies.

View user profile

5 Re: The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Okay, I'm ASSUMING that the "L Costume" would not turn up in DN Mode? If it did, that would have some logic issues, y'know...? Also, I think the mascot needs to cycle between classic 'trademark' monsters, such as Dragon Quest's Slime or Final Fantasy's Moogle, Silent Hill's Pyramid Head... Etc.
At least, that's what I think. Probably not gonna happen for a while anyway, but nice to have it planned.

View user profile

6 Re: The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Frosty wrote:The main issue with outfits is that they have to be overlays and all the students have different hair, making it impossible to fit one overlay on every sprite, and it would take forever to make a version of each sprite with just ONE alternative outfit.
Or you could just create completely different icons for the costumes since most of the costumes involve changing most of the features it would only make sense that it would get it's own icon.

View user profile

7 Re: The Anime Club on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Nightsky

Actually, it would be easy to have Ronove and Beatrice costumes, for their respective genders. It could really spice up Secret mode to see someone in the costumes, since we usually don't know what mode it is. In DN mode, Kira could use it to hide that it's DN mode. We could also have "zombie make-up" in the club. ^_^

View user profile

8 Re: The Anime Club on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:12 am

Nightsky wrote:Actually, it would be easy to have Ronove and Beatrice costumes, for their respective genders. It could really spice up Secret mode to see someone in the costumes, since we usually don't know what mode it is. In DN mode, Kira could use it to hide that it's DN mode. We could also have "zombie make-up" in the club. ^_^
Kira doesn't need to dress up to hide that it's DN mode. o_O

View user profile

9 Re: The Anime Club on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:10 am

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

Not to revive a dying suggestion, but I believe this could work really well if you just put wigs into it. Like, say, "Long, red wig" and when you equip it it changes you into the red haired girl with the long hair. But that way, if a male equipped it, you'd need to edit every icon that has a wig to go with it to have a skirt OR pants. So anyways. It should also change your alias to that person's alias, such as the red haired girl/boy.
Just my two cents.

View user profile

10 Re: The Anime Club on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 am

Lloyd-

Lurker
Lurker
I like this idea, and on the subject of overlays, it wouldn't be so hard, once you made the individual costume, to simply edit it slightly to fit the hair. Well, as long as there wasn't any headgear in the outfits...

View user profile

11 Re: The Anime Club on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:43 am

Frosty

Admin
Admin
Lloyd- wrote:I like this idea, and on the subject of overlays, it wouldn't be so hard, once you made the individual costume, to simply edit it slightly to fit the hair. Well, as long as there wasn't any headgear in the outfits...

Oh sure, I could make a costume and edit it so that it fit a sprite's hair. But I'd need to do that for every individual character. For every costume.
Don't you think that'd bloat the game a bit, hmm?

View user profile

12 Re: The Anime Club on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 am

Vivarium

Only way I could see it being done is if the individual sprites for the costumes were all bigger than the sprites for the characters that completely covered them up, or they simply changed the sprite outright. Which I don't know the possibility of.

View user profile

13 Re: The Anime Club on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 am

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Easy fix: Make it so that the hair sprites are overlays and seperate from the actual male/feme student sprites... this way, costumes and clothing can be added by having the game systematically place the layer between the hair and the sprite itself?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum