Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's add a bit of music, shall we~?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:31 pm

I was roleplaying a nice game in Witch mode when I thought... hey, what if this piano has an option to make it play music?

I think it could be pretty nice RPwise and in game too, since you can play it to either signify somehow that you're there (especially since I just learned that apparently emotes don't go through walls, so emoting that you're playing the piano to let outsiders know is a no go) or to just mess with people's heads somehow.

Anyways, it's something to consider. Thank you!

~Arisu

View user profile

2 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:42 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
AliceSepet wrote:I was roleplaying a nice game in Witch mode when I thought... hey, what if this piano has an option to make it play music?

I think it could be pretty nice RPwise and in game too, since you can play it to either signify somehow that you're there (especially since I just learned that apparently emotes don't go through walls, so emoting that you're playing the piano to let outsiders know is a no go) or to just mess with people's heads somehow.

Anyways, it's something to consider. Thank you!

~Arisu

Maybe four or five pre-coded in notes that you could play w/verbs, having it so that you could play one note every 10 OOC seconds to prevent annoying spam...

...But otherwise, I just emote using the piano for acoustics.

View user profile

3 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 am

The thing that caught my eye is 'mess with someone's head', I love that idea. The idea that the witch could occupy the room and play the piano in their invisible state to give the presence of a 'ghost', that would be interesting. c:

View user profile

4 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Maybe four or five pre-coded in notes that you could play w/verbs, having it so that you could play one note every 10 OOC seconds to prevent annoying spam...

...But otherwise, I just emote using the piano for acoustics.

Or maybe short clips of piano tracks coded in. The once every 10 OOC seconds sounds like a good idea too. Pianospam would be a headache rather than an actual enjoyable/creepily awesome thing.

The thing that caught my eye is 'mess with someone's head', I love that idea. The idea that the witch could occupy the room and play the piano in their invisible state to give the presence of a 'ghost', that would be interesting. c:

I was actually playing witch when I got the idea XD I wasn't the witch though, but I thought it will be cool to give that ghostly feel (even if it does spark the suspicion of the students that the killer isn't a normal person).

Thanks for answering to my suggestion! ^-^

View user profile

5 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Yoshiki

How about this? You can add a 'Play Music' function for the PDAs. Either when you click 'Play Music', a pop up comes up with 1-10 songs chosen by Braska/Kyo or you can choose music from your directory. So for example, in the list there could be a midi called "Piano.midi" that is ten seconds long or something like that. Also, if the music is annoying to others then they should be able to use the 'Stop Music' verb we already have in order to stop it.

View user profile

6 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:41 am

Yoshiki wrote:How about this? You can add a 'Play Music' function for the PDAs. Either when you click 'Play Music', a pop up comes up with 1-10 songs chosen by Braska/Kyo or you can choose music from your directory. So for example, in the list there could be a midi called "Piano.midi" that is ten seconds long or something like that. Also, if the music is annoying to others then they should be able to use the 'Stop Music' verb we already have in order to stop it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

View user profile

7 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:06 am

Dragonzeanse

... But... What if you have sounds disabled on Byond?

View user profile

8 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:43 am

Yoshiki wrote:How about this? You can add a 'Play Music' function for the PDAs. Either when you click 'Play Music', a pop up comes up with 1-10 songs chosen by Braska/Kyo or you can choose music from your directory. So for example, in the list there could be a midi called "Piano.midi" that is ten seconds long or something like that. Also, if the music is annoying to others then they should be able to use the 'Stop Music' verb we already have in order to stop it.
PROBLEM: If you get Braska/Kyo to pick the music, it will ALL BE FROM UMINEKO. All of it.

View user profile

9 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Dragonzeanse wrote:... But... What if you have sounds disabled on Byond?
Well then that's a personal preference, if that's the fact, if you're with in the hearing distance a message should show up saying that someone is playing so and so tune.

View user profile

10 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Dragonzeanse

Kooler221 wrote:
Dragonzeanse wrote:... But... What if you have sounds disabled on Byond?
Well then that's a personal preference, if that's the fact, if you're with in the hearing distance a message should show up saying that someone is playing so and so tune.

That was what I was thinking.

View user profile

11 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 pm

LeoWylde

Well, I thought of this too, and someone said to have an option to pick our own music, and I don't think picking our own music is good, cause even if I like to mess with peoples head I don't imagine the trolls, for example, I imagine everyone scared and out of no where a Lady Gaga-Piano version song comes out playing, I see that happening a lot. So I would rather have a list of a couple of really old and known songs.

12 Re: Let's add a bit of music, shall we~? on Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 am

I would love it if U.N Owen Was Her would be included in all this. c:
I mean, it IS the perfect psycotic witch music.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum