Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death Note Mode - Tear Page

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Death Note Mode - Tear Page on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 am

Dainn

Lurker
Lurker
As showed into episode 21 of death note, the shinigami can tear some paper to give to another person, remu took a little piece of paper from the book to give misa, also, i think this may be added to the game...so the shinigami can drop only a paper sheet or the book if he want, and also, the shinigami should be able to write/see names in game...because ya know..."Shinigami Eyes.." until he do not do the deal, it is still with him...But he may need someone to get a pencil for him...

View user profile

2 Re: Death Note Mode - Tear Page on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am

The Shinigami can't see names because it opens up the ability for the Shinigami player to just tell Kira all the names.
The Shinigami also can't write names because then he'd have no NEED to drop the book, ever. He could just kill all the students himself, and never be stopped.
I do like the idea of the Shinigami being able to tear pages out of the book though, since players can do it themselves as is. I really doubt it would be a viable option though because an idiot/troll shinigami could then easily leave torn pages all over the school grounds and make EVERYONE able to see him, or leave them way up on walls so no one can get them.

View user profile

3 Re: Death Note Mode - Tear Page on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Sachiko Shinozaki

If people don't be shit with these features it will be cool. If people keep abusing it then the rounds will at least stay short until we have someone who knows how to use the death note the right way.
I totally support to give the Shinigami a bit more powers to spice the game up. We can try how it works and if it doesn't work at all we can still remove it.

View user profile

4 Re: Death Note Mode - Tear Page on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Dainn

Lurker
Lurker
Also, if people do not learn how to rp, and they do shit, i mean, if the shinigami keep giving pages everywhere, he may get banned, also, it would make the world/game a bit free of the dumbasses that dont know how to rp..

View user profile

5 Re: Death Note Mode - Tear Page on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:56 pm

Again, the tearing pages thing has the potential to be cool. Smile

The Shinigami ideas have been shot down in the past, however. Especially the Shini being able to see names. It becomes a round killing issue way too easily, because the chances of it being abused are very high. It will also make the eye deal redundant in a player's eyes. In fact, I can see the following happening.

Spoiler:
The Red Haired Boy: I need to kill him what is name?
Shinigami: Kukuku. I know his name~
Red: Whot is it?
Shinigami: Can't tell you~! Although, I could cut a deal so you could see his name.
Red: Fuk you tell me name!

That idea has been shot down before, and no doubt will be shot down again.

As for the Shinigami using the DN themselves thing, that completely defeats the whole purpose of the mode. The point is for the Shini to give away the Death Note for a human to kill the others. If the Shinigami can kill, why does the mode need to exist? You just have an intangible, unstopable being going "LOL DANCE BITCHES" for no reason. Besides... Even in the series, the Shinigami can't just randomly kill for the fuck of it. That would kill the shinigami themself. Razz

View user profile

6 Re: Death Note Mode - Tear Page on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:49 am

Sachiko Shinozaki

SatoshiOfTheFunk wrote:
Even in the series, the Shinigami can't just randomly kill for the fuck of it. That would kill the shinigami themself. Razz

The Shinigami can kill everyone they want but most of them got bored of it and only kill to fill up their remaining lifespan. The only thing a Shinigami can't do is to kill someone without using the Death Note and to use the Death Note in the intention to save the life of a human.
So in the Death Note lore its okay to give the Shinigami all the abilities he needs to use the Death Note but on the other hand people might be shit and choose their IRL friends as Kira and just tell them all the names.

But the possibilities that a more powerful shinigami has can also be used for more roleplaying and for Kira to not ignore the Shinigami all the time or he finds himself dead soon enough.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum