Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Suicide Drug

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Suicide Drug on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Ryuru

Hello~ I thought this up and it was a pretty nice idea. A bit overpowered at first, but I've tried to dumb it down to still be useful yet fair.

So in Higurashi, (A tiny bit of a spoiler alert, but it happens in episode 5 so it's not too much of a spoiler.) Keiichi is drugged with something that makes him eventually claw his throat out.

I think it would be cool to have something you could inject into someone that would make them cut themselves with whatever weapon they have on them every hour or two. They wouldn't kill themselves, just lower their HP a bit and get blood on the floor, but it would be useful and add some panic to the game. Especially if you are stuck between deciding to not use weapons or to use them to fend yourself off against the killer.

I understand there is a way to get around this by throwing away your weapon just before the time to cut yourself is, then retrieving it again. There are various possibilities to this... The drug makes it so your character just can't throw away their weapons so you're stuck with whatever you have and the only way to get rid of it is letting someone knock you out and take it... Also, another option is having it randomized throughout the game, so you never know when you will cut yourself.

There can be a lot of messing around with it, but it would be a cool addition to the game and possibly a somewhat rare item found around the school. Please take this into consideration, and if it seems bad in any way, say why and possibly I'll be able to make it fit.

~Ryuruku

EDIT: Another option is it doesn't rely on weapons at all, but you slowly claw your throat out with your hands throughout the game. Weapons don't affect it in any way, and you have a set amount of damage that comes from clawing your throat.

View user profile

2 Re: A Suicide Drug on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:44 am

Vivarium

The opportunity for trolling and abuse is too great. I don't see the practicality, in all honesty, and it doesn't seem all that great other than for adding yet another anime reference to an already anime-reference-laden game.

View user profile

3 Re: A Suicide Drug on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 am

Ryuru

But I wuv references :C They make me giggle.

View user profile

4 Re: A Suicide Drug on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
I think three important conditions need to be met for something like this:

- Has a rare spawn rate (5% - 0.5%) in dressers or another usually empty container.
- Damage given hourly/whatever is a random (1 - 4 self-inflicted, 3 - 8 w/small weapon, 5 - 12 w/axe or alondite; you should be permitted to unequip/equip weapons after being forced to harm yourself three times?)
- Has a 60% chance of not having any effect and can be cured via mild sedative.

In my opinion, anything other than that either makes it useless or god-modded. It could turn out to be a very nifty round-turner, but also has the chance to annoy a lot of people.

View user profile

5 Re: A Suicide Drug on Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Ryuzaki

I like the idea of that, another idea to make it even rare, its to make it craftable, like Spear, with 5% of chance of sucess while making it, and also the drug can be a mix between an Blue Herb (Rare Item, that can be also used as Cure) plus Super Regenerative and Mild Sedative, and you have to read the Science Book to increase the chance from 5% to 50% (Another item to make it harder, and also Low spawn rate)
Nerf Masta! (Yet, i can't prevent Metagame with all of those) pale

Well, at those effects, this could be some sort of the Curse's new effects, no? (Judgement Mode)

View user profile

6 Re: A Suicide Drug on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Ryuru wrote:Hello~ I thought this up and it was a pretty nice idea. A bit overpowered at first, but I've tried to dumb it down to still be useful yet fair.

So in Higurashi, (A tiny bit of a spoiler alert, but it happens in episode 5 so it's not too much of a spoiler.) Keiichi is drugged with something that makes him eventually claw his throat out.

I think it would be cool to have something you could inject into someone that would make them cut themselves with whatever weapon they have on them every hour or two. They wouldn't kill themselves, just lower their HP a bit and get blood on the floor, but it would be useful and add some panic to the game. Especially if you are stuck between deciding to not use weapons or to use them to fend yourself off against the killer.

I understand there is a way to get around this by throwing away your weapon just before the time to cut yourself is, then retrieving it again. There are various possibilities to this... The drug makes it so your character just can't throw away their weapons so you're stuck with whatever you have and the only way to get rid of it is letting someone knock you out and take it... Also, another option is having it randomized throughout the game, so you never know when you will cut yourself.

There can be a lot of messing around with it, but it would be a cool addition to the game and possibly a somewhat rare item found around the school. Please take this into consideration, and if it seems bad in any way, say why and possibly I'll be able to make it fit.

~Ryuruku

EDIT: Another option is it doesn't rely on weapons at all, but you slowly claw your throat out with your hands throughout the game. Weapons don't affect it in any way, and you have a set amount of damage that comes from clawing your throat.

(bigger spoiler alert) CLOSE YOUR EYES LOOK SCROLL DOWN PAST THIS POST!

He not really drugged, you later find out that the whole tearing one neck out is part of the Hinamizawa Syndrome.
Which also explains why he sees Rena and Mion acting so weird, and kills them. It all Part of the Syndrome that effects the whole town. When you see Rena and Mion with those weird demon like eyes those are the hallucination brought on by it.

(END SPOILER!)

View user profile

7 Re: A Suicide Drug on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:51 am

This is a good idea for a new item. I think it could bring about a little different type of RP. Obviously only if they are good roleplayers. Then again one could say that good roleplayers could incorporate a stick effectively into their roleplaying. But anyways... 

I don't think that the damage that the drug inflicts should be based of weapons you may have in your inventory or equipped. Although this does not mean that one could not incorporate something interesting using weapons. One example from the top of my head is differing emotes based on the weapon that you are holding. "Brown Haired Boy begins cutting his arm with the knife" Obviously if you're not holding a weapon, then you simply claw at your neck or something similar. "Green Haired Girl, with shaking hands, begins clawing at her throat." 

If the item is too powerful, there are a bunch of variables that could be incorporated or adjusted to help decrease the power of the drug, therefore I don't think abuse is a big issue. If you're looking to create an abuse-free item, then just create a stick or another knife. Because people are going to find ways to abuse any item (that's kinda why PH has a rulebook in the first place). I do not think that we are going to have to create yet another rule for this one single item. I just think there are ways that the item could be controlled.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum