Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Akama

Lurker
Lurker
I've been playing Pyrce High for some time,and i think that some things could be added,making the game more interesting:

1-Some kind of Role System

I don't know if something like that exists,but it would work like,if you got an Special Role one round,the chances would be lower of you getting another special role on the following round.That would allow more people to get special roles,thus allowing more people to have fun having them.

2-Item Spawning Randomizer

It's basically...an hoarding counter-measure.Itens should spawn more randomly,so people won't rush for the Nurse's Office to get medkits,for example.Of course,the chance of Medical Supplies spawning on the Nurse's Office would be bigger than other places,but should be lowered anyways.

3-More maps!

It's like...not ALWAYS having to play on the normal map.The map could be an city,an castle,an small village,etc.Could come with an special mode only to this feature(Where the players could vote to choose which of the maps to play.That includes player-uploaded maps,once they are accepted by the host(some could be in the game source,just in case the host don't have any.)

4-Nanaya Mode

Who ever played the previous game knows what i'm talking about.It's like,every time "Normal" mode(or custom mode) is picked,there could be a chance that the killer got the Nanaya Knife,or the eyes itself.Even though that would be kinda Overpowered,each Special used would cost a bit of the user's health,and they shouldn't be so lethal.

5-"Boss"Mode

Something based on Ramiel.In the middle of the Normal(or custom)mode(Something like half an hour left on RL)There would be an SMALL chance that the "Boss" could spawn(Being able to spawn or not could be defined by the host).It's an NPC,with higher stats than normal players.It -could-be slower than players,but should do heavy damage,and have specials(Not something like having huge area attacks that could lolkill everyone(like Ramiel did)

6-Freezer Damage

You know,staying inside an freezer could be lethal for any person.If anyone got locked inside the freezer,they would slowly take some damage,and even be able to die inside if they don't get out in time.Would be some small damage,with some delay.

And,umm...that's pretty much it.Please let me know what you think of them,as i'm going to update this post whenever needed.

View user profile

2 Re: Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Dragonzeanse

Nanaya is already getting a stand-in. I doubt we'll see the classic Nanaya version.

View user profile

3 Re: Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Akama

Lurker
Lurker

Nanaya is already getting a stand-in. I doubt we'll see the classic Nanaya version.

I never personally liked the classic nanaya version due to the lack of role-play on it(it was an random-kill mode).It's good to know it's going to be added,though(but not as an RK mode).

View user profile

4 Re: Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
1. Already in.
2. Already in.
3. People have made custom maps... like me... *points at General Map Section of Forum*
4. Nanaya is coming.
5. Ramiel can be spawned; No need for a whole mode for him.
6. Dunno' if being wet and going into the freezer does damage, but it isn't essential.

... Sigh.

View user profile

5 Re: Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Akama

Lurker
Lurker
1. Already in.
2. Already in.
3. People have made custom maps... like me... *points at General Map Section of Forum*
4. Nanaya is coming.
6. Dunno' if being wet and going into the freezer does damage, but it isn't essential.

1.Uh,as i said,i wasn't sure if it was in.
2.If it's in,it should be improved,really.
3.I know people do custom maps,but -some-of them should be uploaded to the game's base source.
4.Yay
5.Ramiel basically ruins any role-play,because it can kill people in a matter of seconds(with the area attacks)
6.Technically,an freezer would degrade the pressure of the body,thus making the heartbeats going slower and slower.Not necessary,but could be added.

View user profile

6 Re: Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Ryuru

To be honest, I don't like any of the ideas. They seem a bit, well, I don't know... just off.

I would enjoy seeing more maps every once in awhile though. I hope hosts change them around a bit more, but I do enjoy knowing where everything in the school is lol.

View user profile

7 Re: Random Suggestions on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Frosty

Admin
Admin
I brought up the idea of multiple maps when the game was first put up, but it never happened.
I could certainly make some maps, and ensure that they would be tailor made for good RP, but it would require lots of new icons and I'm not really sure what the limit is before the download would start getting a bit too big.
Plus we're still waiting for the real second floor to be converted and actually put into the game, so it's too soon to even consider it.

Also, being in a freezer for even twelve hours probably wouldn't kill you. I mean it certainly wouldn't be good for you, but yeah.
Not to mention it's prone to heavy abuse. And unlike RA, the victim can't exactly run away if the abuser refuses to open the door.

View user profile

8 Re: Random Suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:01 am

Egil wrote:1. Already in.
2. Already in.
4. Nanaya is coming.

... Sigh.
1. No it isn't, Jeremy is adding a verb that will allow you to be incapable of getting a role, but there isn't any coding that makes it so that you have a lower chance to get a role when you already got one.

2. Again, nope, since when do medkits show up anywhere other than the nurse's office, unless I missed some update or something.

View user profile

9 Re: Random Suggestions on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 am

Nightsky

As Frosty said, being locked in the freezer wouldn't kill you over the time of one round. When you think about it, the school uniform includes a jacket (admittedly not a thick one, but it still adds a little bit of protection). At worst, you might get hypothermia, but it's not like you're buried in snow or submerged in an icy river, so it wouldn't be fatal. If there were any side effects, though, I'd expect it to be more related to stamina. Being in the cold drains your energy more than anything, I think. Think about how kids act after coming in from playing in the snow: they like to sit down with something warm to drink and aren't usually running around like crazy. Your focus is to get warm, and until then your muscles are stiff and in a lax state. If being in the freezer would do anything, I'd say it would probably be a stamina drain accompanied by an incredibly slow recovery. However, that would probably be incredibly complicated to implant in the game, so I'm not even going to bother giving it any further thought.

As for the other stuff, everyone's already answered those, though I must add that the rate the items spawn is pretty random. I played a round where only two medkits spawned (much to everyone's chagrin; I can't remember exactly what happened, but I'm sure there must have been one accusation that someone rushed the office at some point), and another where apparently only one axe spawned (and we only noticed because we really needed that axe). Also, I could have sworn I found a medkit in a desk once, but I'm probably thinking of Mitadake.

View user profile

10 Re: Random Suggestions on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Akama

Lurker
Lurker
About the item spawn,i'm not so sure if it's random.I'm talking more about Med-Kits and keys,since they spawn only at the same place(when they do)and people tend to rush/hoard them.
I remember that, on the previous game,some hosts used to upload themed maps and some fantasy ones.Like villages,forests and etc.Actually,they WERE fun to play,because other than changing the normal stuff,it was actually fun to play on other places than the regular school.Maybe the host could toggle an options for the players to vote on which map would be the next round's one,from a set of maps on the source-code.Maybe even the host could give an option for the player to upload his own map,but i'm not really sure how that would work.DOING maps shouldn't be a problem,since we got many people who can do awesome maps out there.I mean,the only problem would be getting the codes on there.

View user profile

11 Re: Random Suggestions on Sun May 06, 2012 5:43 pm

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

Nightsky wrote:At worst, you might get hypothermia, but it's not like you're buried in snow or submerged in an icy river, so it wouldn't be fatal
I'm sorry to sort of necro this, but that is complete bullshit.
I've had a kitten die of hypothermia in my house, because it went to sixty degrees.
And it had a warm towel, too.
It would be pretty fatal to be in a freezing freezer for 12 hours.

Maybe there could be a temperature knob.

View user profile

12 Re: Random Suggestions on Sun May 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Depends on the freezer. Under around 50 - 70 Degrees F+ (estimate, dur) disallows bacterial growth. Now, obviously, we aren't kittens. Our body is more effecient at maintaining an appropriate core temperature than domesticated house cats... but I do see your point. If you want the game to be more realistic, then being locked in the average school freezer for a few hours should do something... such as, maybe, for every IG hour that you are in the 'cold' effect, which would be mapped in to only occur in the freezer, your maxium stamina would drop 5 percent. This would be doubled if you have washed yourself off at all. You would gain 5% maximum back, regardless if you are wet or not, for every IG hour not in the freezer. The timer resets the second you step in/out of the cold effect.

The lethality level would also effect the percentage, aswell as first aids, super regens, mild sedatives, etc.

As for a temperature knob, I don't like. Easy to RA people with. Just shove them in the freezer, put the knob on the lowest setting, and walk away.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum