You are not connected. Please login or register

Mode Suggestions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Mode Suggestions on Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am

Frosty

Admin
Admin
We have a mode with vampires in already. Another will not be added.
Please note that modes that are too similar to other special modes (Like Ghost in relation to Witch) will not be added.

View user profile

27 Re: Mode Suggestions on Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Frosty wrote:Please note that modes that are too similar to other special modes (Like Ghost in relation to Witch) will not be added.
WELL, that makes my even bothering to keep hold of the idea all this time seem completely pointless.
Completely, absolutely, pointless.
Joy.
I find this even more annoying since I had the idea before Witch, but it now sounds like I've just stolen it.
But I'll shut up now.

View user profile

28 Re: Mode Suggestions on Mon May 14, 2012 12:43 am

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

Maybe we don't need more modes, but I have a proposal...!

Future Diary mode

Based off of Mirai Nikki, obviously.

SPECIAL ROLE
I'm not sure how the ratio would work, but if there were 22 players, there would be 12 'diary' holders, which are people who would spawn with an item that is either a book, cell phone, voice recorder, or maybe camera, that would supposedly show the future. However, to keep things from getting insanely complicated and requiring ACTUAL magic to work, it could be like... "6:00 AM: The police arrive." if none of the holders has the greatest amount of kills (a tie or nobody killed), or "6:00 AM: (diary holder number goes here)th/rd is crowned as God!". Maybe, for thirty seconds, when the diary is read and the message is changing, it could seem to be scratchy and have "The future is changing..." in scrawly letters ((like the shini eyes stuff)) on it.

The Future Diary could have three verbs; Drop, Equip, and Break.
To drop it would...well, drop it.
To equip it would put it on your person like weapons and stuff. Maybe you could do this to PDAs as well, so normal people can pretend like they have a diary like Akise did--but without metagaming.
To break it would kill the person it's assigned to. I don't know if that would be too difficult to do, but the message would be like...
The (number of diary holder), (color alias and gender) swirls into a vortex and disappears from the game.
Whoever broke the diary gets a kill.

At the end of the game, it could list who was a diary holder and their number, and who 'became god'.
And maybe at the end, if it was a tie, it says 'The world ended! No god was able to be chosen within the time period.'.

And the role message could be like...
You are the __th/rd Diary Holder!
Your goal is to find out the identities of all the other Diary Holders and kill them in order to become God. However, make sure you keep your identity a secret, too! Having other holders know who you are is a surefire path to DEATH.

ARE YOU PROUD OF ME YET, YOSHIKI?!

View user profile

29 Re: Mode Suggestions on Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm

I know that ranged weapons in this game is already a hot button issue, but I had a thought the other day.

Mode: One shot

Notes: Works like Normal mode, but the killer has a firearm with a single shot. This shot is instantly fatal, but has a chance of missing that goes up a small amount every tile that the shooter is away from the shootee.

You see, if the killer only has one shot, she'll probably use it much more carefully. The gun could also be used for intimidation purposes and such.

I don't know, just a thought I had. Thanks for listening and making such an AWESOME GAME.

View user profile

30 Another?! on Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 am

pixiri21

Lurker
Lurker
-Mode Name: Another

-Based On: Another

-Background:
You find yourself locked inside of a school with X amount of other people, someone announced your all going to die unless you kill the extra student, and that your time to live is limited to only till 6 AM at the very most? Who's the Extra? Can I kill the Extra? Am I the Extra? Who knows but all you need to do is survive right? Survive until the very end!

-Explained:
There are X amount of students from a certain class/school etc, in which have a curse on each of them. The curse is essentially, your going to die no matter what. At each hour change a random student/s (Depending what random number they get when they start) die from bleeding to the eyes (or heart attack) except one student who is Immune, The Extra. The Extra is Immune to the curse, and is also the only thing that can stop it, by dying of course! But of course there is a catch, the Extra is unknown to everyone and is even unknown as an extra to himself! The only way to confirm who is the extra and who is not is the 'Glass-Eyed' person, in which has an advantage and disadvantage being frail, limited sight and even under a weakened condition after using their ability. The Extra Wins when it reaches 6 and everyone but the extra is dead. The Glass-Eye will always last at the very least past 12.

-Goals:
Extra - Survive

Student - Kill Extra + Survive

Glass-Eye (Optional) - Discover/Kill Extra + Survive.

-Roles Explained:

Extra:
The extra is not told they are the 'Extra' student, thus making them suspect others too. They essentially have to survive through the whole round while the shit storm goes on ahead. The Extra is the only student Immune to the Curse.

Student:
You are unaware if your the extra or not. Your goal is the same as the extra, except you have to kill the extra before the curse kills you.

Glass-Eye (Optional):
One random student starts with the Glass Eye that allows them to see who is the extra and who is not the extra, though in this case the ability is limited. It requires a command prompt on which student you want to check out in the area around you, and then you go unconscious for the next 3 minutes. The Glass-Eye user has 1/4th of their stamina removes and 1/4th of the field of vision removes so it seems like they are in a somewhat dark place with only a mystia coin.

-How The Round Starts:

Announcement:
Hello my students, I know you are all afraid to die... And I bring you good news! I know how to stop this 'Calamity' it's fairly simple... You must kill the extra student, return the dead back to the dead! *Is followed by a scream and then the normal announcement of the school is under lock down, corpse on the premises, so on and so forth.* (It should be something like this as the players need to be aware that there is an extra, or maybe have an item called a 'Tape Recorder' that spawns randomly that gives the information about needing to kill the extra. Who knows.)

So yeah that's it... Seems like a very interesting game mode If I say so myself, the Idea of not knowing why everyone is dying and you possibly being the reason but never knowing. Rounds in this could turn to an absolute shit storm of people killing another or A long round of people spending ages trying to find out who is the Extra, before they all die by the hour!

View user profile

31 Re: Mode Suggestions on Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 am

Ryuru

All I can imagine is full on RKing like crazy, but it sounds like fun.

View user profile

32 Re: Mode Suggestions on Tue May 22, 2012 12:53 pm

pixiri21

Lurker
Lurker
Ryuru wrote:All I can imagine is full on RKing like crazy, but it sounds like fun.

I'm sure the valid reason thing would still apply, though yeah I got the exact same impression lol.

View user profile

33 Re: Mode Suggestions on Thu May 24, 2012 9:18 pm

DA Warden

Lurker
Lurker
Ok this is my first time ever posting on here wahoo umm I kind of wanted to submit a idea for fun cause thinking it all up was well entertaining

Mode- Saw Mode

Origin- Saw Movies

Objective
Students: Get a vaccine avoid all traps till 6AM
Jigsaw: Use the announcement system to order students
Billy: Watch, Follow, Advice, Trick students. (immortal)

Background - It’s time to play a game after all the original Jigsaw did say these games would continue even after his death. Jigsaws games exist to teach people to value their lives and well who are some of the must ungrateful to be alive are high school students that’s right its back to school for jigsaw. has loaded the school with a nerve gas that will turn pretty much all the students internal organs into well soup unless they earn themselves one of the vaccines sadly the only way to earn one is to play one or more of his games. But just because they got the vaccine doesn’t mean it’s over they still need to survive the rest of the night and avoid Jigsaws traps and with only a certain number of vaccines I’m pretty sure it won’t take long for the students to turn on one another.

Implementation

Being Jigsaw – one of the Students spawns with the key to the control room and allowing them to use the computer to make announcements and to monitor others through the cameras.

Being Billy – ah billy the lovely puppet mainly Billys main job would be to cycle around on his little bike and bother the students he wouldn’t be able to use weapons but he would have a few unique abilities such as causing his creepy laugh to echo and to self destruct which would cause damage to players standing next to him.

The Gas: I thaught of two ways this could be implemented personally I like option 2 better cause it be easier for the programmers. (hates programming)
1: Pretty much every hour on the hour a student who has not been vaccinated yet would lose a little bit of a health.
2: To make it simpler/easier for the programmers to implement it would work like the infection bar in zombie mode but instead of becoming a zombie once it reaches a 100 you die unless you have been vaccinated which stops your bar from going up.

The Tests – The most complex part would be designing the traps to spawn in each room as well as thinking of ways that players can disarm the traps. Not all test should kill the player just severally injure them if they fail the traps.

Tests I thought off
1: The freezer inspired by the ice maiden trap when a player gets locked in the freezer room the trap activates the only way to open the freezer door is to press the switches in a certain order. While in the freezer with the door shut the player will begin to freeze to death until they are pretty much entirely frozen. The trap can be reactivated but it will only ever give out one vaccine a game.
2: A personal favourite trap of my mine and the classic one that just makes you think saw The Venus fly trap helmet that well kills people if it’s not taken off in time once the player is wearing it they have a certain amount of time to find the hidden numbers in the room and enter the code to remove the helmet.

Trap – Traps would involve the player getting hurt when activating or encountering them for example nails on the floor could cause some minor damage when the player walks over to them.
Fake ID Cards are rigged so that if the player tries to exit using one of them they would receive a shock and lose a certain amount of health.
The Shotgun Collars – These would be more of an item that would spawn in two players inventories the two players who have these collars cannot drop them if one of the two dies then the collar on the living player will go off instantly killing the player.

View user profile

34 Re: Mode Suggestions on Fri May 25, 2012 9:35 pm

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

no
no
no
no
no
NO SAW MODE

View user profile

35 Re: Mode Suggestions on Sat May 26, 2012 5:19 am

LadyIbby

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE wrote:no
no
no
no
no
NO SAW MODE

Thank you for this extremely insightful feedback, which clearly demonstrates the reasons for your disagreement.

View user profile

36 Re: Mode Suggestions on Sat May 26, 2012 11:39 am

WELL, I can think of a few reasons.
Firstly, your suggestion is not particularly well written, which doesn't endear it to me.
Secondly, Saw isn't scary, it just gruesome, so I refuse to count it as horror, no matter WHAT everyone else says. Damn gorn. Okay, so that's not really a point against having it as a mode type, since Death Note isn't EXACTLY horror, either.
Thirdly, it sounds like being 'Jigsaw' would suck. There'd be barely any interaction with other people, just a bunch of watching people on screens. Remember, the CCTV cameras don't record sound.
Fourthly, the game relies far too much on 'Jigsaw' operating the traps. If you get a derpy 'Jigsaw' what do you do?
Fifthly, the source material. Now, I was pushing it when I based my mode on Japanese cinema, as opposed to animé. Saw, obviously, is not only live-action, it's also Western, so it's not really in keeping with the feel of the game, I think.
Sixthly, 'Billy' sounds annoyingly trollish. And surely a little doll wouldn't be too hard to smash, even if it DID explode?
Seventhly, who are you expecting to think of the rest of the 'tests'? We don't have GLaDOS lying around anywhere to help us.
All in all, I'm not impressed by your suggestion, but keep on trying! I'm sure you can come up with something much better!
But that's just my opinion. My sexy, sexy opinion.

View user profile

37 Re: Mode Suggestions on Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Lurker Amelia Walter wrote:Seventhly, who are you expecting to think of the rest of the 'tests'? We don't have GLaDOS lying around anywhere to help us.
That's why we have Wheatly around, silly.

View user profile

38 Re: Mode Suggestions on Tue May 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Mode Suggestion: "Virtue Mode"

Based off of: "9 Hours 9 People Nine Doors: Virtues Last Reward"

Premise: The premise is simple. All players start with a card on their possession. To escape with your life, you have to possess the set number of keycards to use the door and escape (Card amount set by Server host). You may use any method necessary to obtain these cards. Trickery, Deceit, Murder... Just make sure you get out before the Timer ends...

View user profile

39 Werewolf Mode on Tue May 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Ywtse

Lurker
Lurker
Essentially it's normal mode. But instead of choosing a killer, a werewolf is chosen.
The werewolf works like this,

Every hour the werewolf is human. Every other hour the werewolf is a wolf.
When a wolf, it can't be hurt and does a fuckton of damage. It can probably can tear down doors without an axe as well. Though at the end of the hour it has to revert back to being a human.

The point is to figure out who the werewolf is, and kill him or her while they're in human form.

View user profile

40 Re: Mode Suggestions on Wed May 30, 2012 11:58 am

Ryuru

Maybe not a lot of damage, but I would support something more like a metal bat. The invincibility already makes it quite strong. If you trap someone in a corner when you turn into the wolf, you can easily kill them and they have no chance. Or maybe give the strength of an axe but make it so the wolf simply has more defense. Attacks only do a small bit of damage, but a gang of people could still take out a wolf.

Ah, I don't know, just trying to see if I could balance it a bit. But witch is also a bit OP, but considering you have to kill so many students alone, maybe it's needed. The fact that you need to retreat before you are no longer a wolf in order to hide your innocence does put pressure on the role.

Anyways, I like the idea a lot either way.

View user profile

41 Re: Mode Suggestions on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Egil wrote:Mode- C&G (Original, Ikr?)

Origin- Code Geass

Objective-
Student: Stay alive or attempt to escape, can choose to solo it or alliance themselves with the Agent/Geass.
Agent: Protect the students from each other whilst trying to slay the Geass Knight and/or Killer.
Killer: Kill all the students and escape!
Geass Knight: Take control of all the students and kill the Agent.

Background- In the earnest days, an ancient power known as 'Geass' represented people's hopes and dreams. Those blessed enough to be born with it (1/1,000,000,000 chance dood) had it manifest in either their eye(s), right hand, or forehead. It has a variety of purpouses that show itself to the user over time. Their main goal has been to undermine authority and play with other humans, looking down on them for being weaker.

Summary- A law enforcement agent working for an unknown organization has noticed a string of killings that point towards a serial killer. He is investigating when a report comes in that a teacher at the local high school has died! The Agent gets to the school before anyone else and commences a lockdown and begins to search out the killer. Some students try to band together in groups and work together using unique items (Second-Aid kit, Small revolver with 3 bullets in it, etc.). The student with Geass (Can be coded to be either the ability to control with words, to stop people in their tracks at the cost of some damage to self, or increased strength/defense) begins his ultimate plan by trying to take over the students and use the school as a 'fort' of sorts to fight the police trying to get inside, including the Agent already inside. He should either spawn as goggles/sunglasses or spawn with contacts to hide his sigil. (The Agent spawns with a black suit at the entrance with one of the two security cards. The Killer can be anyone else other than the agent, including the Geass Knight, who will look like any of the other students.)
That actually seems kinda fun

View user profile

42 Shapeshifter Mode on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am

LunaUmbr

Maybe the killer is a Shapeshifter, sent here by their master to kill all in the school.

Abilities:

Health = 200%

Fly = Invisibility, fly icon

Bear = 3x strength, bear icon

Wolf = 3x speed, wolf icon

After 4 am in game...

Dragon = 4x strength, 2x speed, range attacks (like witch's), dragon icon

43 Re: Mode Suggestions on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 am

Soji

Lurker
Lurker
Conspiracy Mode

In this mode, there are two possible roles. I'm not sure how exactly to balance the role dispersal for now, so this would be an approximation. One-fifth of the players in the round would be Killers. These students worked together to kill the teacher, and plan to kill everyone in the school as a team. Assuming a 30 player limit, that would make a maximum of 6 killers. All Killers are aware of the identity of their fellow Killers when the round starts.

In addition, there would be a chance of 0, 1, or 2 Traitors spawning in the place of a Killer. I'd say there's always a 50% chance of there being no Traitors. Obviously there can't be a Traitor if there's only one Killer, and I'd say there shouldn't be two Traitors unless there are at least two Killers as well. Traitors also participated in the slaying of the teacher, but instead of working together with the Killers, the Traitors plan to kill all of the normal students, as well as the Killers, barring one of their Traitor companions, who they would be informed of when the round starts.
Traitors would be informed of who the Killers are, and the identity of their fellow Traitor, if one exists. Killers would only be told that Traitors were fellow Killers.

With this mode, I hope to create a more paranoid, cerebral experience, for normal students, Killers, and Traitors as well. Students have far more reason to be cautious of people travelling together, as they could be a pack of Killers. This encourages Killers to break up into smaller groups, which leads to them being at risk of being killed by any Traitors that may exist. In effect, no one is safe, because everyone knows that there could be someone out to get them at any time. This can also lead to RP opportunities, as a Traitor could reveal their Killer companions to others in the hopes of getting them killed. Killers and Traitors are highly rewarded for RPing with other students, as they can manipulate them to protect them from Traitors, and vice versa. Here, students have value as potential bodyguards or pawns to the Killers and Traitors far more then they would in other modes.

View user profile

44 Magus Mode on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 pm

This is quite a complex idea; while I imagine it would work as a whole, if the content bulk is overwhelming coding-wise then I wouldn't heavily object to aspects being simplified. Also just on another note I highly recommend the series of films this mode is based on to anyone who hasn't seen them already.

Magus Mode

Origin: "Kara No Kyoukai", the fifth film "Paradox Spiral" especially

Origin Background:
Spoiler:
The "Magus" in this mode is based on the character Araya Souren. In the film he performs an experiment by which he introduces ordinary people to an apartment complex designed to drive it's inhabitants insane and kill each other. He is eventually stopped by Ryougi Shiki, who possesses mystic eyes of death perception and is Tohno Shiki's archetype. Interestingly Araya's lines of death cannot be seen by Shiki and she has to kill him without relying on her mystic eyes. Araya protects himself from other characters using magical barriers, only Shiki's mystic eyes can cut these and thus no one else can damage him.

Araya is also able to awaken certain individuals to their "origin". A person's origin is a concept central to them which can be traced back through their past lives, acting only as an impulse unless discovered by the individual. When this occurs the individuals take on supernatural powers. Araya uses this in order to create allies to use against Shiki.

This is greatly simplified but enough to understand the original concept.

RP information:

The magus arrived at Pyrce high and under the guise of a student and killed one of the teachers and placed various spells inside the school building to separate it from the outside world and to drive the students inside to kill one another for the sake of some convoluted experiment. A member of the Ryougi family is also present at the school. This person is not prepared, but is skilled and wants to avoid harming other students. Ryougi is not aware of his or her capacity for death perception until she first attacks the magus although Ryougi is aware that magi exist. The students who start out with tendencies should act while taking those into account. The magus is not aware that Ryougi is a student, or that Ryougi possesses the mystic eyes of death perception.

Roles:

The Magus:

The magus starts with three magic circles that surround the player. These circles become visible to anyone who attacks the magus with a lethal weapon. The magus loses one of the circles each time Ryougi attacks while using her mystic eyes.
At three circles the magus cannot be harmed or knocked unconscious. The magus can teleport anywhere within sight with a one minute cooldown and can heal others wounds.
At two circles the magus loses the ability to heal others wounds.
At one circle the magus can no longer teleport.
When his last seal is broken he can be killed.

The magus can examine any player and try to awaken their origin. If the player does not have an assigned origin then a message will show saying that the players origin was of no interest or significance. If the magus tries to awaken Ryougi's origin then the barrier becomes visible to Ryougi.

Weapons are infective but while barehanded the magus does lethal damage.

In order to win at least half of the students have to be killed by other students, interesting students or Ryougi.

Ryougi:

While in view of the magus once his or her seals are visible to Ryougi, Ryougi's mystic eyes become active and Ryougi becomes capable of killing anything but the magus in one cut.

This requires a knife and does not work with any other weapon. Ryougi does not start with a knife or weapon of any kind.

Ryougi deals normal damage to the magus once his seals are gone.
Ryougi deals fatigue damage to all other players unless her mystic eyes are active. Once the player is out cold Ryougi has the option of finishing them off.

Ryougi will dodge all hits except ones from interesting students and the magus.

Ryougi may have other abilities similar to Nanaya's.

In order to win Araya has to die.

Ordinary Students:

The majority of players will have no special abilities although each student will individually receive a target whom they have to kill in order to "win". If the magus is killed then it is a victory for all surviving normal students. If the student's target is killed then they will have to rely on this if they want to win.

Interesting Students:

The same as ordinary students but with notable origins that the magus can awaken. Once awakened the student's win condition will change. They are treated like normal students until awakened.

Their origin will be apparent at first as a tendency or irrational impulse. This will be visible under role.

There will be 3 in a game.

The origins and how they are shown as tendencies are shown below:
Consumption, appears as "always hungry" when only a tendency. Once awakened the player will be able to devour corpses without leaving a trace. In order to win the student now has to devour every corpse before the game ends and kill and devour at least one person themselves.

Worthlessness, appears as "prone to being self defeating" when a tendency. Once awakened the magus will not be told that the players origin was awakened. Once the magus has lost all barriers, or when there is only one barrier left, the student can attack at the cost of his or her own life to reduce the magus' health to 10% (and in the case of there being one remaining barrier, destroying it). In order to win the worthless student only needs to survive.

Murder, appears as "devil's advocate" when only a tendency. Once awakened the student can deal 20% of damage to anything within his or her sight line, which is shortened as the ability is used and reduces the player to a walk similar to being over-weight for about a minute after use with a 5 second cooldown. In order to win the murderous student has to kill Ryougi and at least one other player.

Title Screen Example

Music: youtube.com/watch?v=hFMx9FW5qps

Yes. I'm serious.

Last edited by Lunamaniac on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

45 Re: Mode Suggestions on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Well, I came here to make a suggestion that seemed to get a bit of praise when I pitched the idea, so might as well get to it.

Mode: Monster Mode

Origin: Marunomi

Objective: Monster - Consume all students.
Students - Survive.

Background: A disgusting monster, one that can only be described as a mass of flesh, is roaming the halls of Pyrce High/Custom Map. Its appetite is insatiable, and it knows nothing of reason, logic, or thought beyond feeding. It has lured prey into its hunting grounds, and will stop at nothing to feed once again.

Summary: First off, the students spawn in their standard spots, while the monster will spawn elsewhere. For instance, in the kitchen. Regardless, there won't be any body or blood to be found, leaving the players to wonder, "What happened?" That's when, ideally, they see it. A huge creature, looking like nothing more than heaps and heaps of bulging flesh, coming toward them. Slowly.

* Monster Characteristics (These are only suggestions)
Ideally, many of the monster's abilities would be triggered by using a unique stat, but using stamina or even being free works. Regardless.
- Regeneration - At all times, the monster is healing. It cannot bleed, and it constantly regenerates health, perhaps at a rate of 1% per second.
OR
Instead of healing nonstop, the monster just collapses upon reaching low enough health, such as 10%. At this point, it can't move and can't attack until its health reaches 100% again. While the monster is more unstoppable now, it might be no fun for players. I suggest possibly combining the two ideas. Constant health regeneration, with the ability to focus on healing. Ideally, the monster should be able to be knocked out via taser or other method, although it can counter if one gets close.

- Attacks - The monster is essentially limited to only harming stamina, save for its signature skill.
Body Bash - A close range attack. Drains maybe 10 stamina from the target. Is the default click attack?
Tentacle - Activated as an item? Effectively similar to Black Feather, in that it hits in a line, but does 10 stamina damage and makes everyone hit go from Run to Walk if applicable.
Rush - Takes a short time to prepare, but allows the monster to rush ahead, about the distance of a Nanaya Dash, while harming anybody in the way for 15-30 stamina damage.
Throw - Requires the monster to pick up an object, specifically something that can be dragged. At which point, it will be carrying it around, and incapable of doing anything but moving, body bashing, and throwing the object. Can do 5-50 damage based on the object. Only an idea, might be difficult to implement.
Swallow - The main threatening aspect of the monster. If a target is directly next to the monster, it can attempt to swallow the prey. It could only work on unconscious prey, or could operate on odds equal to 100 - prey's stamina.
(Again, all just ideas.)

- Alternate Characteristics - The monster is, at first, limited to over-encumbered walking speed. After consuming 1-2 students, it can move at walking speed, and after 4-5, it can move at running speed. Nonetheless, it constantly makes a dragging noise while moving. Also, the monster is incapable of opening doors, looking inside containers, or picking up items such as knives, key cards, or paper sheets. Instead, it can break down all doors but the metal ones (security, freezer), and just pick up and throw any containers in its way. I'd suggest it have the same health as the students, just with regeneration, and stamina only affect when it collapses. However, it's all up to you, should you choose to implement it.

Purpose: With Doppleganger Mode's theme of suspicion, I figured that this mode would also have a theme. Fear. Fear of an unknown, malevolent, seemingly unstoppable force. Of a creature whose only goal is to consume. It cannot disguise itself, it cannot pretend to be innocent, it only stalks its prey. And when the prey breaks down sobbing in the corner of a room, only able to watch as something they could never have even dreamed of shatters the door they locked, slowly dragging itself toward them before extending a tentacle...
Just wanted to give a feel for the mode. Regardless, I hope you consider using it, or adapting it, for that matter.

View user profile

46 :3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 pm

Osiris

Lurker
Lurker
Mode Name: Blessed Mode

Origin: The "Gone" Series, by Michael Grant

Mode Description: 15 Years Ago, a meteor struck the school. The meteor itself burnt up and was never discovered, but what was on it remained under the school. The meteor carried a radiation that became a new being, that called itself "The Gaiaphage". The Gaiaphage's aura slowly mutated those who attended the school, giving them abilities that they might never even discover. Well, now, The Gaiaphage wants a host. It has created an inescapable barrier around the school(Key Cards are USELESS!) and chosen 2 Avatars. The first Avatar disobeyed, becoming the "Main Good", but after disobeying, lost memory of ever encountering the Gaiaphage. The second has become the servant of the Gaiaphage(A non-playable, unmeetable character). Seeing as everyone in the school has developed some sort of ability, which they might not even know about, they are all considered a major part of the school. The Good Avatar must create a group to combat the Evil Avatar, who only wishes to kill those who don't pledge their loyalty to the Gaiaphage. After 12 Hours, the Gaiaphage will either grow powerful by consuming the bodies of the dead, and the Evil Avatar will become his host, or the barrier will break and those trapped inside will be free.

Main Roles:

The Good Avatar: You are the Good Avatar! You encountered the gaiaphage, but refused it's promise of power. You retain no memory of ever meeting it, and your goal is to band together other students to survive.

The Evil Avatar: You are the Evil Avatar! You swear allegiance to the Gaiaphage. Your main role is to sway others to join your side, and kill the rest of the students using your abilities.

Known Abilities:

Superspeed: Basically, you can run without becoming tired. But the more you use this ability, the more you risk your health being drained. Those who move faster, die faster.

Superstrength: You have intense strength! Your punches are lethal, you can break down doors with your bare hands, etc.

Telekinesis: You are telekinetic! You have the ability to move people and objects with you mind by dragging them with the mouse(A code, I can provide).

Electricity Rays: You have the ability to fire lightning from your hands! It tires you out severely, however!

Healer: You have the ability to heal others! Though be careful. For 1% of health you heal, you lose 1% yourself!

Blinking: You have the ability to 'teleport'! This is basically Nanaya Dash. Instant Transmission, whatever.

Phasing: You can pass through solid objects! However, the more you are phased, the more your stamina runs down. Phasing without stamina causes health damage!

Fire Hands: You have the ability to shoot fireballs from your hands!

Mode Photo:

Last edited by Osiris on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Photo)

View user profile

47 Re: Mode Suggestions on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 pm

I support the "Another" mode. I've looked at for a second and after watching it, I really feel that it would be a great addition to the modes, adding lots of new roleplaying experiences. Yeah it sucks someone (odds are a couple of people) will die but in what game mode do people do not?

View user profile

48 Re: Mode Suggestions on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Osiris

Lurker
Lurker
pixiri21 wrote:-Mode Name: Another

-Based On: Another

-Background:
You find yourself locked inside of a school with X amount of other people, someone announced your all going to die unless you kill the extra student, and that your time to live is limited to only till 6 AM at the very most? Who's the Extra? Can I kill the Extra? Am I the Extra? Who knows but all you need to do is survive right? Survive until the very end!

-Explained:
There are X amount of students from a certain class/school etc, in which have a curse on each of them. The curse is essentially, your going to die no matter what. At each hour change a random student/s (Depending what random number they get when they start) die from bleeding to the eyes (or heart attack) except one student who is Immune, The Extra. The Extra is Immune to the curse, and is also the only thing that can stop it, by dying of course! But of course there is a catch, the Extra is unknown to everyone and is even unknown as an extra to himself! The only way to confirm who is the extra and who is not is the 'Glass-Eyed' person, in which has an advantage and disadvantage being frail, limited sight and even under a weakened condition after using their ability. The Extra Wins when it reaches 6 and everyone but the extra is dead. The Glass-Eye will always last at the very least past 12.

-Goals:
Extra - Survive

Student - Kill Extra + Survive

Glass-Eye (Optional) - Discover/Kill Extra + Survive.

-Roles Explained:

Extra:
The extra is not told they are the 'Extra' student, thus making them suspect others too. They essentially have to survive through the whole round while the shit storm goes on ahead. The Extra is the only student Immune to the Curse.

Student:
You are unaware if your the extra or not. Your goal is the same as the extra, except you have to kill the extra before the curse kills you.

Glass-Eye (Optional):
One random student starts with the Glass Eye that allows them to see who is the extra and who is not the extra, though in this case the ability is limited. It requires a command prompt on which student you want to check out in the area around you, and then you go unconscious for the next 3 minutes. The Glass-Eye user has 1/4th of their stamina removes and 1/4th of the field of vision removes so it seems like they are in a somewhat dark place with only a mystia coin.

-How The Round Starts:

Announcement:
Hello my students, I know you are all afraid to die... And I bring you good news! I know how to stop this 'Calamity' it's fairly simple... You must kill the extra student, return the dead back to the dead! *Is followed by a scream and then the normal announcement of the school is under lock down, corpse on the premises, so on and so forth.* (It should be something like this as the players need to be aware that there is an extra, or maybe have an item called a 'Tape Recorder' that spawns randomly that gives the information about needing to kill the extra. Who knows.)

So yeah that's it... Seems like a very interesting game mode If I say so myself, the Idea of not knowing why everyone is dying and you possibly being the reason but never knowing. Rounds in this could turn to an absolute shit storm of people killing another or A long round of people spending ages trying to find out who is the Extra, before they all die by the hour!

I support this idea. It sounds really funn.

View user profile

49 Suggestion for a mode on Fri May 10, 2013 7:06 am

DeathLev

Mode- Possession Mode

Objective-
Student: Stay alive or escape.
Spirit: Make sure you are the last survivor and escape with your new body.

Summary- In the old days there was a spirit that was so powerful that it could take over the world with a whim but it was sealed in a box due to incompetence, letting the people seal it. Now however some student has released the spirit and it has taken over the student with a taste for blood lust so it killed the students teacher. But due to the sudden awakening it needs some time to get used to its abilities and the other students look rather tasty...

Gameplay- The spirit has the power to possess another student chosen at random after a selected time period (1 to 2 game hours) after the spirit possessed another student it has to wait another time period to possess again. The current student that is possessed will be a temporary watcher, but won't have the watchers sprite since they are technically still alive but can't control their body but can still communicate with the spirit. After the said time period is up the currently possessed student will fall unconscious regaining control of their body due to the spirit possessing control of another students body. The only way to kill the spirit is to kill its currently possessed hosts body, causing the death of both the spirit and the student since the spirit isn't at full power making dying possible for it.

The spirits other powers which would include temporarily forcing another student to say something telepathically! But it uses up some of the spirits stamina due to again not at full power.
Also increased health and maybe stamina for every game hour that has past in the current game.

Even though this mode has some similarities to witch, ( due to getting stronger every hour ) Doppelganger, ( due to taking over a students body, but doppelganger the student has to be dead) and I believe Ghost ( never played it before, but I read that you can, again, possess corpses).

I got this idea due to reading Yandere's Hijacker idea and the Role playing possibilities this brings, like for instance the spirit has to adapt to the personality of its new body to avoid suspicion and using the telepathic powers to bring suspicion on to others which brings paranoia and fun of who is the currently possessed person is.

I also believe that the other players should get the normal mode messages.
Round Start Message:
Warning: Dead body located on the premises. Simple program analysis highly suggest either murder or assisted suicide. Facility has been locked down until This System's authorities can be reached.

50 Re: Mode Suggestions on Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Ryuzaki

DeathLev wrote:Mode- Possession Mode

Objective-
Student: Stay alive or escape.
Spirit: Make sure you are the last survivor and escape with your new body.

Well, IMO this is just an mix between Ghost, Witch and Doppelganger

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum