Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Join in Progress

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Join in Progress on Thu May 03, 2012 8:55 am

Yandere

In the first five to ten minutes of the game, a player can join the game that has already begun. After a while this is disabled or perhaps controlled by an host. I've seen admins with the ability to spawn players with certain roles in the past.

Seems like a nice idea for those that just barely missed the round. It happens very often!

View user profile

2 Re: Join in Progress on Thu May 03, 2012 9:50 am

Nightsky

Well, it's such a big school that people appearing out of no where could be easily be explained away. I can see this as a possibility. ^_^

View user profile

3 Re: Join in Progress on Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 am

Hm... I approve of this suggestion. It seems like a nice addition, although I'd definitely make it host toggle-able.

View user profile

4 Re: Join in Progress on Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am

Ryuru

I like it.

View user profile

5 Re: Join in Progress on Thu May 03, 2012 11:47 am

Dragonzeanse

If it can be implemented without breaking the game apart, I'd love to see it. You should be able to toggle it, though, otherwise it might annoy some people depending on the server.

View user profile

6 Re: Join in Progress on Sun May 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
I like this, too.

View user profile

7 Re: Join in Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Jestr

Love it! Half of the time I log in and a round started 5 mins ago.

View user profile

8 Re: Join in Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 pm

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE

Couldn't it be easily abused? Like, say you don't get the color you want.
You suicide.
Log onto your alt, and join again.

If there could be something set in place so that you can't do that, sure, but...

View user profile

9 Re: Join in Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

MATTIEMATTIEMATTIE wrote:Couldn't it be easily abused? Like, say you don't get the color you want.
You suicide.
Log onto your alt, and join again.

If there could be something set in place so that you can't do that, sure, but...
Hoard Delay, you can't suicide without a knife. Plus someone else might have gotten the color they wanted so it'd be pointless to attempt. 'o'

View user profile

10 Re: Join in Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Ryuru

I say it stays the same as the hoard delay is on. Like, if delay was set to five minutes, you could join in those five minutes. If it was ten, you could join in those ten. Etc. Nobody can suicide and just rejoin~

View user profile

11 Re: Join in Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Ryuru wrote:I say it stays the same as the hoard delay is on. Like, if delay was set to five minutes, you could join in those five minutes. If it was ten, you could join in those ten. Etc. Nobody can suicide and just rejoin~

I agree with this. It would be a nice thing to add. Also, you wouldn't be allowed if all the male/female slots were filled, and any other rules concerning joining rounds would apply to joining them late aswell.

View user profile

12 Re: Join in Progress on Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Dragonzeanse

Ryuru wrote:I say it stays the same as the hoard delay is on. Like, if delay was set to five minutes, you could join in those five minutes. If it was ten, you could join in those ten. Etc. Nobody can suicide and just rejoin~

For servers that don't use hoard delay - such as Yandere's - this is a contradictory suggestion. For others like mine, it works. You need to consider the other servers as well, though.

View user profile

13 Re: Join in Progress on Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 am

Ryuru

Right.. Maybe manually being able to put how much time on it you want is a good plan.

View user profile

14 Re: Join in Progress on Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am

This would be perfect, since I'm doing stuff while waiting, I end up missing the game by minutes sometimes.

View user profile

15 Re: Join in Progress on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:09 pm

Enteir943

Lurker
Lurker
Yandere wrote:In the first five to ten minutes of the game, a player can join the game that has already begun. After a while this is disabled or perhaps controlled by an host. I've seen admins with the ability to spawn players with certain roles in the past.

Seems like a nice idea for those that just barely missed the round. It happens very often!
Shut up and take my Mystia Coins.

View user profile

16 Re: Join in Progress on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:56 pm

haert

Lurker
Lurker
+1

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum