Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revised Normal Mode

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Revised Normal Mode on Thu May 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Basically, Suspect mode dissapears. In Normal Mode (during autohost), there will be a chance (lets say 30%) that a suspect will appear in the round. There can also be other chances, such as a chance that the killer gains the 'Hijacker' ability or other things. The possibilities are endless. I believe this would be more effecient than making whole new modes.

Also, if autohost is deactivated and the host messes around with the settings, they should be able to set whether a suspect/hijacker/etc. will appear or not... and, if it doesn't get too crazy, it wouldn't have to be limited to normal mode.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

View user profile

2 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Thu May 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Frosty

Admin
Admin
Yeah, that's what I've been saying the past few months. Normal and Suspect, and Death Note and Death Note Classic should be combined together and randomly choose which version when the game starts.
It makes voting more efficient, since two people that want death note might want different variations and their votes would be too split to outweigh the two people who want Witch mode.

View user profile

3 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Fri May 04, 2012 10:55 am

Hm... This is a very nice suggestion and I fully endorse it.

View user profile

4 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Fri May 04, 2012 6:48 pm

princess kyo

Suspect mode will be removed. There will be a permanent chance of a suspect appearing in normal mode. May or may not be host toggable. The percentage of suspect spawn is being determined. Thanks for your suggestions.

View user profile

5 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Fri May 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Dragonzeanse

What about if in larger games, there would be multiple suspect roles? I think it'd make the updated Normal mode look more appealing to a lot of players if there was a chance of the game spawning two suspect - maybe even three - depending on the amount of players involved. That way, people will have either more incentive to roleplay with at least one suspect, and/or won't just gang up on the suspect all at once. It'd add more mystery to the game because you'd have to carefully consider which suspect you want to try to get lynched, and opens possibilities for other people to be killers since there's no rule saying that the suspect can't be a killer too. After all, they are suspected of killing middle-aged couples.

It could make Normal mode look more enticing to others because it could mean that the killer would have more than one scapegoat and thus a better chance against players. Though unlikely, it could even mean the killer could find someone to team up with, either through deception or because they really are murderers looking to be partners in crime.

View user profile

6 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Sat May 05, 2012 2:31 am

Frosty

Admin
Admin
In the same vein, it'd be neat if there was a small chance at multiple killers spawning in normal mode. This is something Dev said he was considering adding to MH and I was disappointed when it never happened.

View user profile

7 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Sun May 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Egil

Veteran
Veteran
Frosty wrote:In the same vein, it'd be neat if there was a small chance at multiple killers spawning in normal mode. This is something Dev said he was considering adding to MH and I was disappointed when it never happened.

This. It's fairly difficult to be a successfull killer in Normal Mode.

View user profile

8 Re: Revised Normal Mode on Sun May 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Dragonzeanse

Frosty wrote:In the same vein, it'd be neat if there was a small chance at multiple killers spawning in normal mode. This is something Dev said he was considering adding to MH and I was disappointed when it never happened.

Depending on the size of the round, I would agree. I've wanted this for some time, now. Same with Witch mode, but there would only be a second witch if there were like, 16 or more players. For Normal, the maximum amount would be higher, perhaps as high as four. However, only one killer would have claimed the teacher's life. I think it would cause problems concerning RK if it were mentioned who really killed the teacher. Keep in mind that it means that the other killers need to have killed someone else in the past or have serious potential to become murderers. Shouldn't be much of a problem, but I wanted to point it out.

Personally, I'd like to see more suspects, too. It would add a greater sense of mystery to the game.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum