Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changes to Voting

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Changes to Voting on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Soji

Lurker
Lurker
1. Make a re-vote automatically happen when a tie occurs, with the only options in the re-vote being the modes that initially tied.

I've seen this happen a few times, and I'd imagine it can be quite frustrating to players when there isn't an admin or host around to change the mode manually. While people would normally vote for whatever mode they want most out of all of them, they would still often prefer one mode over the other(s) in the case of a tie. In the event of a second tie, a random decision would be made.

2. Give hosts the option to remove modes from the ballot.

The host has the right to control how their server is used. It may seem a little totalitarian, but if I were to host I'd probably join my own rounds often, and I'd rather not be forced to play a mode that I don't like on my own server if I wanted to play there.

View user profile

2 Re: Changes to Voting on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:29 pm

I agree on the first point. It's a fact that witch wins ties 90% of the time...

._.

As for the second point I'm not so sure. It would mean that the people playing on the server would be reliant on the taste of the host. For example, personally I'm not much of a fan of DN mode but I know that for some people it's their favourite mode.

View user profile

3 Re: Changes to Voting on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:24 am

I certainly agree with Luna, the first point is great, while the second one seems a bit eh. I mean if the host really wanted to force a mode on someone, they could. The point of the poll is to allow people to pick from the modes available. C:

View user profile

4 Re: Changes to Voting on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Soji

Lurker
Lurker
Of course, the host has the option, but by having a mode up as an option, it implies that you have a choice to play that mode on that server. For example, I just flat out don't like DN, and I wouldn't want to watch it or play it on my server if I hosted one. Now, I could simply change the mode myself anytime that mode was chosen, but by doing that I'm denying the expectation that you can play DN mode, and people would be disappointed or angry. By not giving the option to begin with, no one gets their hopes up.

View user profile

5 Re: Changes to Voting on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:23 am

Kooler221 wrote:I mean if the host really wanted to force a mode on someone, they could.
I feel that's their prerogative as a host.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum