Rope.... ;)

What do you think about adding rope?

86% 86% [ 6 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rope.... ;) on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:06 am

Rope rope rope rope rope rope rope.

Functionality: Restriction of player movement. The bound player may be dragged around by whomever.
Possible restrictions on using rope: A player must be knocked out to use rope on them. Ropes can be cut with certain weapons (For example knives?). Ropes cannot bind witches or ghosts.

The killer could keep hostages or play sadistic games with them... Sad Twisted Evil
Normal people could restrain the killer (or whoever if they have reasonable cause to do so) if they wanted to stop them.

In any scenario using rope,(given that there are legitimate good RolePlayers online) there would be some good action. Overall I think rope would be an excellent device to increase creative RolePlaying. Let me know what you guys think. cheers

View user profile

2 Re: Rope.... ;) on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:33 pm

I can see it being abusive by a person, by tieing them up, and then stabbing them to death. Really rope would only be good if it had some kinda penalty to movement which as timed went on got smaller, as the person struggles more loosening the rope, until it breaks, or comes off.

I would also think making it so Taser KO doesn't let the person rope, as seeing that become the new combo for quick kills.

That my 2 cents.

View user profile

3 Re: Rope.... ;) on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Natsumehack wrote:I can see it being abusive by a person, by tieing them up, and then stabbing them to death.

I agree with you that rope could be used to make killing much easier, but I also think that this problem could be worked around. I'm sure i'm not alone when it comes to disliking overpowered weapons.
It could be possible that a bound player takes only stamina damage. Or an attack on that character using weapons that damage health immediately destroy the rope and frees the character. These are some examples I came up with on the spot. Your idea (referring to Natsumehack) is on the right track, but I still think that would make it too easy to kill someone.

Another problem I'd like to find out about is if it is even possible to code such an item. On the surface, I think rope would fit well into different scenarios played out in PH, but behind everything, I'm sure there's plenty of coding and rope SOUNDS like it would take a bit of work. Correct me if I'm wrong. Question

View user profile

4 Re: Rope.... ;) on Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 am

I can see this being quite... Entertaining... I definitely think people would have to be able to struggle. Maybe include an option to tie people to certain objects? Admittedly, that'd be more useful if PH had more chairs and such, but I'm sure there'd be a few more possibilities. In conjunction with this, how about a gag to stop people crying for help by translating everything they shout into (most likely) a series of "MMMPHs!" and so on (fashioned from a handkerchief or some socks or something) and a blindfold because... Kinky fun time? And obviously so you can drag your prey off and they can't shout where they are if you happen to be missing a gag. You'd have to add messages like "You feel yourself being dragged roughly" or something, but I think it could be neat. Any questions?

View user profile

5 Re: Rope.... ;) on Thu May 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Ryuzaki

Oh desire... Twisted Evil Really, imo, they should add ropes as soon as possible! bounce

But meh, i wonder why people want so much the rope...
Maybe to...

Last edited by Ryuzaki on Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

6 Re: Rope.... ;) on Sat May 04, 2013 4:12 am

Lurker Amelia Walter wrote:[font=Courier New In conjunction with this, how about a gag to stop people crying for help by translating everything they shout into (most likely) a series of "MMMPHs!" and so on (fashioned from a handkerchief or some socks or something) and a blindfold because... Kinky fun time? And obviously so you can drag your prey off and they can't shout where they are if you happen to be missing a gag. You'd have to add messages like "You feel yourself being dragged roughly" or something, but I think it could be neat. [/font]

I love the idea of a gag. The blindfold seems a bit much, but it's worth trying out.

View user profile

7 Re: Rope.... ;) on Sat May 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Loving this idea, just wanted to put my two cents in. Makes it more dramatic and there can be better use of hostage situations within game, which would add a lot more in my opinion.

View user profile

8 Re: Rope.... ;) on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm

I think it would be an amazing idea. But as it was already said, I think some things should be limited with it. Like for instance someone can cut you out of the rope with a Knife, Alondite, or any other sharp-edged weapon, but the person itself cannot break the rope, and if they struggle more and more the Rope might start to hurt them. And it restricts movement completely and allows the character to be dragged by others. Very very cool idea, I reaaaly like it. Very cool weapon. Oh and when your not tieing someone up it could probably be used as any other weapon ( Like a Knife ) but cause very little damage though. Maybe im relating it with a Whip too much... But a Rope might be a really good Bokken substitution along with being able to bind up KOed People.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]