Pyrce High

You are not connected. Please login or register

Action Against Hoarding

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Action Against Hoarding on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 am

Ephicross

We're all pretty tired of hoarding, yep.

Action should be done. I think increasing weight of some items should be done to counter hoarding.

Or the most effective would be decreasing the carrying weight to 15 or 10.

This'll prevent people from taking all medkits and having a weapon at the same time, etc. It might also discourage the practice of hoarding.

What do you think?

View user profile

2 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:59 am

Dragonzeanse

Ephicross wrote:We're all pretty tired of hoarding, yep.

Action should be done. I think increasing weight of some items should be done to counter hoarding.

Or the most effective would be decreasing the carrying weight to 15 or 10.

This'll prevent people from taking all medkits and having a weapon at the same time, etc. It might also discourage the practice of hoarding.

What do you think?
An idea similar to this was suggested by me long ago, to allow the host to set the weight capacity themselves. Why this has not been implemented, I do not know.

View user profile

3 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:50 am

Having the basement door to be locked and its key spawned in a random place in the school,
The Alondite to be locked inside a special glass case that and key is spawned in a random place in the school,

View user profile

4 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:44 am

Ephicross

@Dragon. That's also a good alternative. I agree.

@DeathLever. What would be the point? It'll still be hoarding. You're just basically delaying it.

View user profile

5 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:43 pm

True, but isn't that all you can do?
Delay the hoarding?
The only way you can prevent hoarding for good is if you have others in constant watch of your inventory,
or you can, you know, change the settings to one hit kill which stops hoarding of both medkits and powerful weapons.
But if you get down to it, no matter how much restrictions you place on the perpetrator, they will still continue to hoard.

View user profile

6 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 am

Ephicross

Are you missing the point? Having the command to adjust the carrying weight depending on the host would ultimately prevent hoarding.

I.E, if I were hosting, I would set it to 10, therefore preventing people from having 3 medkits, axes, and etc. at the same time.

View user profile

7 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Fine, ok, i got the point...tongue 
Hell it may be fun if the host had the command to change the weight capacity.
They might introduce items that will help you carry more stuff, like a bag or a pouch, and that it would take a bit more time to access the bags making chases a bit more desperate.

View user profile

8 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 am

Instead of changing the weight system directly, Why not just sort the items by categories Health,Weapons,ect- and limit like that.

View user profile

9 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Nah, as much as that would work, Sh00t, changing the weight limit would be the easiest thing for Braska to implement. So, it's more likely. Just wish Braska would respond to suggestions more, especially good ones like this.

View user profile

10 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:51 pm

MarvelousMiyo wrote:Nah, as much as that would work, Sh00t, changing the weight limit would be the easiest thing for Braska to implement. So, it's more likely. Just wish Braska would respond to suggestions more, especially good ones like this.
He would have to add a new mechanic yes but if he changed the weight limit, some items would need a remake. and you have to consider custom maps aswell.

View user profile

11 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:58 pm

silentsh00t wrote: some items would need a remake. and you have to consider custom maps aswell.
How so? Changing the weight limit would make it so you *couldn't* get those items. That's the whole reason. Of course a Host could change it to be 5 or something, but even so you would be able to pick up all nonlethal items, along with both the wooden and metal bat, pipe, and the knife. Heck, even the taser. It'd just mean you could only pick up one. I don't see how some items would need a remake, seeing as how the point is to limit you to carrying fewer items in the first place. As in, choose: shall I have a taser, or a knife, or an axe (if the host has it at ten)? If I choose the knife I can carry a medical item. If I choose the taser and knife I can still have a super regenerative. If I choose the axe I have a (in their opinion) better weapon to deal damage with, along with the ability to chop down doors. Etc etc.

See? It's to create scenarios like that.

And, with custom maps, since the Host chooses which map to play on, and they also would choose what the weight limit would be, there would be little to no problem, as long as they knew the map.

View user profile

12 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Ephicross

Bump.

View user profile

13 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Nozu

I have the greatest hoard prevention idea: Staff doing their jobs!

...No no, kidding, excuse the sarcasm. In all seriousness, all members need to do is report it and us staff can check inventories. If a hoarder is caught they will be swiftly dealt with. I don't know if hosts can but they should be given that power too.

View user profile

14 Re: Action Against Hoarding on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:00 am

Nozu wrote:I have the greatest hoard prevention idea: Staff doing their jobs!
Good point, but the idea of having a weight limit is still up to debate, I mean it wouldn't hurt for the host to be free to change how much student can carry, would it?tongue

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum